Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How-To: T-bar Crank - DISCUSSION

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishstick002
any one here
If you have a question pertaining to this tech article, then ask it. If you have a question about lifting in general, please create a post in the appropriate forum section (lifting tech). This section is for discussion of the actual article and in general is not for discussion of technical questions..

Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
gettochild1985 is on a distinguished road

2'' shackles for 2nd gen are on ebay, $52 canadian. just got mine. they only took days to get here from L.A.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Beginning Member
lazer2000 is on a distinguished road

Here is 1 question.
In the photo story of the T-bar crank posted by a_tack, it says to jack up the front of the vehicle before adjusting the T-bar bolts.

But in this thread, it is mentioned that the T-bar adjustment should be performed on a level surface, without jacking up the vehicle.

What is more recommendable?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The proper way to adjust the jack bolts is with the weight off the front end. To check your adjustments, you have to put the truck back on the ground and then drive forward (or backward) at least one truck length to settle the suspension. Then repeat until you get the desired height.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM
aneill75 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The proper way to adjust the jack bolts is with the weight off the front end. To check your adjustments, you have to put the truck back on the ground and then drive forward (or backward) at least one truck length to settle the suspension. Then repeat until you get the desired height.
Wouldn't the front sway bar need to be disconnected to accurately adjust the torsion bars?

Aaron

Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator

The sway bar isn't going to make that much of a difference unless your front end is an inch or two higher on one side.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Good post, I wish I would have seen this before I did mine, I didn't use a sharpie I just watched my wratchet very closley.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Beginning Member
BlazHerZR2 is on a distinguished road

now with shackles and a TBar crank should you get 2in bigger shocks if your doing 2 inches all around

Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

front shocks I'd recommend. rear shocks you don't have to unless you want to. If I were you I wouldn't crank the tbars at all. will save you a lot of problems

Quick Reply: How-To: T-bar Crank - DISCUSSION