Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2000 LS 2 door speaker problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 LS 2 door speaker problem

Hey guys

I've owned my blazer for about 2 years now and ever since I bought it the rear speakers have not worked. Now, more recently the front passenger door speaker cuts in and out. The rear speakers are stock (I've taken the back panels off and looked at them) but I replaced the front door speakers with some used Kenwood's I got from a friend for free. When I bought it, the truck had the factory radio in it as well. I've since then replaced it with an Alpine head unit, but after getting it all wired up the rear speakers still didn't work. This was probably 3 or 4 months ago and I didn't want to mess with anything because of my busy schedule and low income . Now that I have the time and money, I want to get this problem fixed because I hate only having one speaker working! Has anyone else had this problem? I was reading an older post where someone had a similar problem and he replaced both rear speakers and they worked fine. I think I'm gonna do the same but I just wanted to see if this is common with the Blazers or if I just have crappy luck.

Thanks, Andy

P.S. I'm replacing a bad heater core on Saturday! Wish me luck :/

P.S.S. I'm new to the site but I already love it. I'll be posting some pictures later on.

2000 Blazer LS
2 Door
4x4
130k miles

Old 01-20-2010, 04:11 AM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road

it depends. it can be the wiring at the speaker itself or even at the HU, it may even be in between somewhere. IMO when you have the time just re run all your wires, even to the back. thats what i have only cause when i bought mine there was no speakers in it period.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:54 AM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a couple of the factory speakers fail. A way to make sure your head unit is working is to pull it from the dash and hook a small speaker to each output. You should get sound from all 4 outputs. If so, try the same at each speaker location. this will tell you for sure if the speaker is bad or there is a wiring problem.