Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2001 blazer door speaker suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010 | 06:25 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jjnemoiii
Thanks for the Information, I gotta go with something a little cheaper though...
What price range are you looking for?

I can't believe I'm saying the C2's are cheap, because they're $250 shipped through Crutchfield, but that's really not bad considering how ridiculously good they are. It's not hard to install door speakers yourself, even if you're not mechanically inclined.

What type of music do you listen to, and what do you want out of your speakers? I can try to make cheaper suggestions but my honest suggestion would be to wait until you have enough money to buy quality speakers.

Old 03-26-2010 | 09:25 PM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road

You can't beat them JL C2-650's

Old 03-27-2010 | 08:57 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

If you can find a new pair (or decent used set) of Eclipse components or coaxials, I'm sure you won't be disappointed... JL's are too pricey, and IMO over rated. If you want to spend money, spend it on dynaudio, rainbow, or even McIntosh speakers. I would leave the JL's on the best buy shelves where they belong LOL

Old 03-27-2010 | 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by midnightmekanik
If you can find a new pair (or decent used set) of Eclipse components or coaxials, I'm sure you won't be disappointed... JL's are too pricey, and IMO over rated. If you want to spend money, spend it on dynaudio, rainbow, or even McIntosh speakers. I would leave the JL's on the best buy shelves where they belong LOL

JL is pricey but you get what you pay for. Eclipse was never one of my favorites because the subs/speakers were too loud without clarity. I'm not trying to start a fight but JL is some of the best mid level speakers, obviously dyn, rainbow and the such are the high end stuff that you rarely see people installing because they're so expensive

Old 03-27-2010 | 06:14 PM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
JL is pricey but you get what you pay for. Eclipse was never one of my favorites because the subs/speakers were too loud without clarity.
Probably not set up right? I have them in my truck now, and they sound almost as good as the dynaudio/mcintosh setup in my summer ride.

Old 03-27-2010 | 11:00 PM
BF Veteran

i believe you but its all personal preference, i grew up with JL audio subs, amps, and components in my brother's trucks and my first setup was a 10w3v1, a 300/4 and some 5.25 coaxials in the doors of my cavalier... so, i have been spoiled i guess

Old 03-28-2010 | 07:00 AM
|
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

Nothing against the other brands, but I was surprised to find someone still has car speakers "Made in the USA". As such, if at all possible, I will be buying JL Audio, unless someone else has another manufacturer Made in the USA.
These are the two models I am currently looking at:
JL VR650-CXI
JL TR650-CXI
Anybody know what real differences there are between the two, the cost is a $12 difference. Also, do I need some adaptor plate to get them to fit into the opening as I'm told its slightly larger than 6-1/2"?

Old 03-28-2010 | 09:50 PM
BF Veteran

I actually have the VR 6.5 components to be installed this summer when its warmer and i have more money (hopefully). The VRs are supposed to be a little better because they have a separate crossover for the components. The VRs are also discontinued now while the TRs aren't... I guess go for cheaper and the TR.

Fro the adapter plate, i have had 6.5 infinity coaxials and 6.5 pioneers in my doors with no problem. I just had to drill new holes in the blue plastic mount

Old 03-29-2010 | 02:51 PM
|
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
What price range are you looking for?
$100-150/pair
What type of music do you listen to
Almost everything except (C)Rap

[quote]what do you want out of your speakers? quote]

A little more Bass - not subs, but better than factory.

Last edited by jjnemoiii; 03-29-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2010 | 10:32 PM
Beginning Member
Chase Clouser is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 zr2 pioneer dash speakers need some inexpensive doors

i now have to much bass in the dash and not enough in the doors i don't want crazy bass but i wanna no that something is there. any cheap suggestions to replace the stock doors.

Quick Reply: 2001 blazer door speaker suggestions