Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2001 blazer door speaker suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chase Clouser
i now have to much bass in the dash and not enough in the doors i don't want crazy bass but i wanna no that something is there. any cheap suggestions to replace the stock doors.
How do you have too much bass in the dash? how is that possible? are your dash speakers amplified or what?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:06 AM
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chase Clouser
i now have to much bass in the dash and not enough in the doors i don't want crazy bass but i wanna no that something is there. any cheap suggestions to replace the stock doors.
Sorry, I don't know what too much bass is. How long have you owned the Blazer, and what changes have you made to get "too much" bass out of your dash speakers? I am following an earlier suggestion, and will be putting Made in the USA JL Audio speakers in the door, once I save the money to do it. Too cheap of a speaker will sound horrible, and probably blow quicker than a quality speaker, and three pairs at $60.00 each cost more than one pair at $150.00 each. What is your idea of a "cheap" suggestion? How much do you plan on spending?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
Chase Clouser is on a distinguished road

sorry wrong wording i guess i just need better speakers in the door and i dont wanna give my left nut for a pair. And its an 2001 zr2 and ive had it for about 3 and a half years to my knowledge nothing is done to the sound system except the 4x6's i just put in, they are ust alot more clearer than the stock ones and now the door speakers sound like crap.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran

Well, if you put in some decent drop in speakers such as pioneer coaxials or something similar.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get a set of Soundstorm 300 watt door speakers for about $20 a pair...

I just put some Kenwoods in a buddies truck and they sounded pretty good. For some bass, bear with me this just popped in my head. What about some 6.5 inch midbass in a small kick panel/box?

Old 05-09-2010, 01:39 AM
BF Veteran

would sound good but only if amplified and "crossovered" right. if you just run them off the HU it wouldn't be as nice. For this application, some drop in $30 or less speakers will do the job no problem

Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 PM

I know they would have to be amplified. I haven't ran a midbass/sub off the headunit since I was 11, lol. But that would give some bass in the front. No subs/amps in the back. And then you wouldn't be relying on your doors and dash to give you rich bass.

But that's a next option if your door speakers don't make you happy. I was gonna do this with my friends 88 MR2 for bass in a VERY small cramp area.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
Chase Clouser is on a distinguished road

thanks ya'll, now will a 6.5" fit in the stock 6.75" door fitting. sorry if these questions seem dumb , ive never really done this kind of stuff ive always been more into the motor and drivetrain not really into the electronic stuff.

Last edited by Chase Clouser; 05-09-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran

Yes, a 6.5 will fit in the 6.75, the only thing you'll have to do is drill new holes for the speakers. In my 2004 i have a blue speaker baffle that i had to redo screws for... it works great with no problems

Old 05-10-2010, 01:57 AM

^ Yup... Yur good thur buhdy. It'll work fine.

Quick Reply: 2001 blazer door speaker suggestions