Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

95 dash speaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 dash speaker

95 blazer ls, 4door, 4wd. noticed today that i dont have anything under the grille the dash. i'm confused on what i should put in there on each side. my question is should i put the rite size oval speaker or get conversion mount that i can put a round speaker or should get a mount and put tweeters? or should i just put speakers in the dash and then tweeter on the door pannels? all or just the front door pannels? also how should i wire them? i got upgraded speakers in all 4 doors and an aftermarket cd player but thinking of going back to stock cuz i like stock style. and i'm thinking of installing subs in inside of the rear hatch. Speakers or Tweeters?

Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

4x6's fit and would be better. check in my signature for my infinity 4x6's, they are amazing. wire them in series, this site will help
http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html
keep the cd player aftermarket if your going to get subs, the converters suck when it comes to stock radios.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

link was confusing. is it ok just to wire the dash speakers off of the front door? should i add aftermarket tweeter in the door panels by the handle? all 4 or just the front 2? and can the tweeter be run off the rear door speakers?

Last edited by kickme005; 08-26-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Starting Member

i guess i dint explain enough, you should be good with doors and dash. i have my 4x6's and 6.5's in doors. wire those two together. extra tweeters will probably be too much for highs without subs. i have loud subs and my system seems almost to much on the highs.
for wiring the dash and doors you will want to...

take the positive hooked up to the cd player and hook that up to the positive on of the dash speaker, the negative from the dash needs to go to the positive of the door speaker, take the negative of the door speaker and hook it up to the negative of the cd player. repeat on the other side.

the reason you do this is because your cd player at its lowest ohm is maybe 2 ohms (if its a high quality deck), your speakers are most likely 4 ohms so wiring them how i explained will take them to 8 ohms. i would rather you be correct the first time then having to tear your dash apart again. 8 ohms will also sound much better then 2 ohms. i have mine wired exactly as i explained.

i also highly recommend 4x6's because they will pick up more then a tweeter, i installed some rockford tweeters and the music sounded so bland. all they can pick up is the highest of high notes and they just dont sound right without a bigger speaker near them.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned

ok i was looking at 4x6 speakers. Should i get just a regular speaker or one with a tweeter in it? also shoul i buy a speaker thats oval with just the speaker holes or a the speaker with the retangal

Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Starting Member

its all up to your ear, whatever you like. run up to best buy they have both those. listen to both and see what you like best. if you cant decide, just pick one.

the covers on the dash will need to be trimmed down. on the bottom of the plate the screw holders will need to be shaved down and just to be safe do the speaker outline. you will know what im talking about when you get them off. leave a little bit on the screw holders but you wont need much. i used a dremmel and a plastic shaving bit. that worked wonderfully. make sure you post pictures when you get them in . everybody loves pictures.