Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

almost finished...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: almost finished...

there is but it very rare. 3/4" mdf is more than enough for most audio applications.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont want to get MDF and build it over again you can get some fiberglass resin and coat the box inside and out...

Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

where do i get that at? how much is it

Old 01-05-2008, 08:01 PM

You can pick it up at Lowes or Home Cheapo in the glues and solvents isle. It comes in a quart size and gallon tub. I believe the gallon tub is like $25-30...You might be able to get away with a quart, but if you have never done fiberglass before you should probably get two quarts because you will probably lose some...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

Looks like a$$...
thanks man... i knew i could count on you for support
Well you have to be able to count on someone.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

since you said "never done fiberglass before... youll probably lose some" im assuming that its not as easy as just painting with a brush. how do you apply it? any special brand i should look for? i think im gonna go ahead an carpet it all myself.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:08 PM

No you just use a disposable brush to apply it. Its the mixure of Resin/Accelerator that can be difficult for a begginer. If you mix it too col it will take forever to harden up, and if you mix it to hot it will start to harden and gel up in your bucket before you can apply it all. This is where you might loose some...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

No special brand needed, I think the stuff at HD and walmart even is Bondo brand. A gallon should be what $25-$30. It comes with a little tube of hardner. Poor out the resin into a container and added the required amount of hardner, stir, then brush it on. Pretty straight forward. Things to note would be to wear some gloves, work in a well ventilated area, and a respirator wouldn't hurt.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran

will i (theoretically) be able to cover the entire inside and then let it dry or should i just do a few sides at a time and let them dry and then the next few sides

Old 01-05-2008, 08:13 PM

You should be able to do the whole inside at one time. I know resin likes to drip down MDF a little if you lay it on thick, but PB should soak it up a lot better...

Notes: Try to keep it off your skin. It burns when you let it harden up on your skin. A long sleeve shirt that you dont mind loosing is a good idea...If you do get it on your skin dont wash it off with water. It will ahrden up on spot and then you'll have to ship it off along with some skin and hair...I keep a can of M.E.K.P. around and wash my hands with that first to neutralize the accelerator. You can also pick that up at lowes or HD in the solvent section..

Quick Reply: almost finished...