Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Alternator

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 10:59 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Alternator

Maybe hillbilly can answer this for me, as I haven't heard back from Iraggi yet. I was thinking of running dual alts on my truck. I was wondering if it's ok to run the 2 alts in parallel? Or will the 2 alts need to be isolated from one another? Planning on running 2 Kinetics under the hood only (probably 2000's)

Old 02-02-2007 | 11:59 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you can do that, but I would run an isolator and say, run the truck itself off of one alt and battery, and then the other alt to power the two kinetics

Old 02-03-2007 | 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

pmed u pat

Old 02-03-2007 | 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, i wish I could do that......but i dont think I'll run anything bigger than the 1606

the little 501 still rattles my brain pretty good......I'd be surprised if it wasent even a 140.........

Old 02-03-2007 | 03:29 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I just might be interested in that set.up from hillbilly if the price is right!!

Old 02-12-2007 | 04:19 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to try two after my system clips even with a 200 amp alt.

Old 02-12-2007 | 10:17 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

well your system is clipping because your gains are too high, not because of voltage issues. Set your gains correctly, with an o-scope or a DMM and you will not drive your system into clipping!!!!

Old 02-13-2007 | 04:05 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Gain isnt to high at it. It clips because of the power, if i go below 9 volts which isnt enough to power the amp it will go in protect mode. The amps are turned down low as well.

And I'm sorry but i may have misused the term clip, I mean the amp puts itself in protect mode because of the lack of power.

From Crutchfield.

"Clipping occurs when the tops and bottoms of the sound wave are "clipped" off by the amp's lack of power, and the sound is distorted"

Old 02-13-2007 | 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the year and the setup?

must be pretty decent to be dropping down to 9

Old 02-13-2007 | 06:04 PM

Nothing to much./
2 Kicker 12's L7's
Ground Shaker Custom Ported Box.
2 2000 Watt Performance Teknique Amps
3 Fared Power Acoustik Cap
170 + Amp Alternator
1 Expensive Battery AHAH (Yellow Top Optima)
Edit * Forgot the head unit. Its a Pioneer DEH680MP
I know i dont have the best camera.

Few Pictures.

Quick Reply: Alternator