Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Amp Powerwire and RCA cables

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Beginning Member
i3lomeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amp Powerwire and RCA cables

I have a 94 4 door s10 blazer, I was wondering if there are any places in the firewall that would be easy to run the powerwire through without drilling. Also, the RCA cable from the back of the head unit. I cant find an easy way to run and hide the cable without taking half the dash apart. Any ideas or suggestions on how anyone run theres

Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
BudRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Amp Powerwire and RCA cables

There should be a rubber grommet where the antenna goes through the firewall right behind the passenger side footwell carpet. To attach the RCA cables to the head unit, you're going to have to take the dash bezel off, just like when the CD player was installed.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:16 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

with the deck out of the dash take a straightened out coat hanger and guide it to the bottom of the dash once its through tape your rca on it and pull it back up. Also on your blazer the grommet where the ecm wires go through is big enough to fit a 4awg wire beside the rest of the wires.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM

To be more specific about the grommet... don't take it out and squeeze the cable through the side and leave the grommet half hanging out. If you do, it will leak condensation from your AC accumulator under your carpet and it will start to smell. Take a utility knife and cut a small X into the rubber and push the wire through. You can use some WD40 to make it slide through easier.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: BudRacing

To be more specific about the grommet... don't take it out and squeeze the cable through the side and leave the grommet half hanging out. If you do, it will leak condensation from your AC accumulator under your carpet and it will start to smell. Take a utility knife and cut a small X into the rubber and push the wire through. You can use some WD40 to make it slide through easier.
That explains my constantly damp passenger side floorboard...

Whoops!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Beginning Member
i3lomeh is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate all the info, but for the life of me I cant find the gromet where the antenna goes. I pulled the deck out and tried to follow it back with my hand but everything is so tight i cant get too it. I also tried starting from the hood but I can reach under the blower motor housing. Any other ideas

Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ORIGINAL: BudRacing

That explains my constantly damp passenger side floorboard...

Whoops!
HAHA me 2 now i know whats leaking

Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: i3lomeh

I appreciate all the info, but for the life of me I cant find the gromet where the antenna goes. I pulled the deck out and tried to follow it back with my hand but everything is so tight i cant get too it. I also tried starting from the hood but I can reach under the blower motor housing. Any other ideas
The easiest way to find it is from inside. It is not behind the dash, it is under it where the carpet curves up the firewall on the passenger side. If you run your hand up to the very top edge of the carpet and pull down you can get to the grommet, however, you'll need to remove the door sill and kick panel to run the wire to the back anyway, so that will make it easier. Just get the carpet up and it should be easy enough to find.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make sure you dont remove the gromet all the way or seal up the hole when your done because i didnt relize it when i did my system not the whole passenger carpet is wet underneath there is even mud under the carpet lol from offroading