Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

amplifier power cable routing

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Ken_C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default amplifier power cable routing

ok I did do a search and couldnt find anything. Im trying to install a infinity basslink and need to run a power cable from the battery to the rear of my 2-door 2005 Jimmy(blazer). where do you guys run your amplifier power cable routing through the firewall. This is my first do it yourself install and im at a standstill before I even started-lol.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: amplifier power cable routing

there are a few grommets on drivers side where throttle cable, hood release cable, but pass side, between your feet right under top edge of carpet works for most. antenna grommet.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Ken_C is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I will check it out , im supprised their isnt a sticky on amp install that included routing.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. I routed under the fender in through the front drivers door. You would think that by now, car manufacturers would have designed another terminal in the rear for systems. Hmmm... do I smell an invention?

That can run extra cabling through the body or ceiling or under the carpeting, and put up a terminal for positive, and make a ground as well.

I bet that would fly in the car market.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would doubt it...

I would be very careful having it just run through the door opening.