Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

another dynamat question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:27 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another dynamat question

Will it be worth it to dynamat the whole front doors (2 door) or can i get away with just a speaker kit which is much more affordable? i will also be putting baffles on them. soon i would like to get the type s comp set and amp them

Old 02-09-2006, 04:49 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: another dynamat question

do the whole door. but dont waste your money on dynamat. get second skin, fatmat, or raamat. theyre great deadeners and waaaay cheaper.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

im in canada and cant say ive ever seen them in store. buying off the net is not an option. any stores here sell those brands? future shop, visions, a&b sound?

Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
catalin is an unknown quantity at this point

No, none of the stores that you mentioned will... You can however find Accumat by Scosche, it's a little cheaper. There's Brown Bread that will work too. Basically anything that will add some mass to the panels will do the job.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

no no, its more than just adding mass to the panels. The material needs to effectively reflect the frequencies and it also needs to actually stick to the panels very well. i dont know anything about the above mentioned deadeners, but the ones i mentioned are good. im pretty sure that most of these deadeners can only be bought online. Well, i at least know for sure that no places around me sell them. Except the raamat...if im not mistaken that can be found at home improvement stores such as Lowes and Home Depot. And i know u can get a material called Peel'n'Seal at the home improvement stores. Its used for roofing. It pretty much works the same as the others, but its even cheaper. The only problem is that some people have complained of a pretty foul odor coming from it when it sits in a hot car all day. but then again, others have said they smelled nothing at all. and y wont u buy online? its not like u can return the deadener to the store if it doesnt work...