Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

dynamat cont'd

Old 02-11-2006, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dynamat cont'd

Was lookin at the dynamat extreme door kits at visions today and thier askin' $69.99 for the kit and $50/hour for 3 hours to install, sound right to everyone, or should i take my business elsewhere?

Also the type s comp. set is retail 269.99 which also seems pretty pricey

Old 02-11-2006, 06:20 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: dynamat cont'd

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

Was lookin at the dynamat extreme door kits at visions today and thier askin' $69.99 for the kit and $50/hour for 3 hours to install, sound right to everyone, or should i take my business elsewhere?

Also the type s comp. set is retail 269.99 which also seems pretty pricey
no dude, God no. first 3 hour install on just a door kit? are you kidding me? that would take like 45 minutes tops. and second, dont waste your money on dynamat. get something cheaper. dynamat is such a ripoff. look at fatmat, second skin, and raamat.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran

cant find any of those, and i cant say i've ever bought off the net, so its not really an option. but ya i thought 3 hours was a little excesive.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Chevychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Cartoys does $45/hr install (maybe 35???), they are quick. I put a new deck in mine and they had the old one ripped out, new one put in with all the parts installed in less than 45 mins. they also will only charge you by the half hour. i was happy with it.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:18 AM

cant find any of those, and i cant say i've ever bought off the net, so its not really an option. but ya i thought 3 hours was a little excesive.
just cause you never bought off the net, doesnt mean you cant. the net is an excellent place to buy stuff. you can find stuff so much cheaper. and you can find basiclaly anything. if your worried about security, pretty much every business online is about 10 times safer than any local store, so theres no need to worry. just go to google and look up some fatmat or something

Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran

FATRYAN, might be a dumb question but anyway: if you could walk me through what happens when buying over the net, i might be a little more confident, i really have no idea as i have never seen, or done it myself. thx

Old 02-14-2006, 03:54 PM

FATRYAN, might be a dumb question but anyway: if you could walk me through what happens when buying over the net, i might be a little more confident, i really have no idea as i have never seen, or done it myself. thx
well it really depends on where you buy from. most online stores just have a form you fill out with you name, address, telephone, CC # or check # or other payment method, etc etc. and some use payment companies like paypal and stormpay. these are the safest and most secure, but they can be confusing to people who dont know about purchasing on the net. with paypal, you need to confirm your bank account and credit cards. it takes a couple days, so its a pain. and then theres ebay. ebay is "safer" in the sense that its a legal binding contract AND most people pay with paypal (added security). but on ebay, you sometimes are buying used, which occasionally (but rarely) can pose a problem (not as described, scammer, etc). if i was worried about security, id just buy from HUGE companys online, like Sound Domain, Crutchfield, onlinecarstereo.com, etc etc. but i dont think any of those companies carry the cheap matting. check though, i could be wrong. just do a search on google for fatmat or second skin or something. actually heres SS's site...http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

Old 02-16-2006, 04:09 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks FATRYAN, much appreciated

Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 PM

no problemo mi amigo