Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

any ideas are helpful

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Kilo is on a distinguished road

ok, found out the jensen jsw 12's are 175 watts rms 525 watts peak power,so no i need info on the box and on the amp to use. i know nothing about amps atall i know is what i would like to do is run both subs off one amp unless thats not a good idea idk. box wise i have a box with the speajer holes "duh" there is a wall between them makin them like individual boxes kinda. but its not ported,does it need to be ported? And also when i upgrade my surrounding speakers"dash,doors,etc." do i need a small amp for them the radio is a jvc kd-r320 an its 50w x 4 an 20watts rms x 4,also on the subs amp would like to know like a mono or 2 channel i guess like i say i dont know much

Last edited by Kilo; 02-22-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

It's fine to run both subs off of one amp. You can do it two different ways by either getting a two channel amp that's rated somewhere near 175wrms x 2 channels @ 4 ohms or a mono sub amp that's rated about 350wrms at 2 ohms.

I wouldn't run those subs in a ported enclosure, the sealed box you have already will be sufficient for now. These are older, low quality subs and it's hard to say how long they'll last. You may not be after a competition vehicle or anything but you'll want to upgrade before too long, it's just part of the hobby, lol. When you're ready to upgrade let us know, we'll help point you in the right direction.

As far as your speakers, with your limited budget I would look at the Kicker DS series, Alpine SPS series, JBL GTO series, Polk Audio DB series, and other brands and models that price in those ranges. They'll give you about the best bang for your buck and often times have good enough power handling ratings that if you decide to run an amp to your highs later you can actually give a decent bit of power to them. Doing that will let the speakers get a bit louder while sounding much clearer and bring out more of the dynamics or detail in the music.

You don't have to buy everything at one time. By taking the time to figure out exactly what you want and what direction to go in you can be sure that you're buying the best product for your application AND be able to stretch that budget out. That will usually get you better products, better results and a longer lasting setup than if you just bought everything that would work at the moment all at once.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:41 AM

Amps like a Kicker DX300.2, Alphasonik PM6002E, and Kenwood KAC-7205 are two channel amps that deliver at least 150wrms per channel into a 4 ohm load, fit well in your budget at $150 or less each and would be great to use on those subs. They're also a great choice to go with because in the future when you upgrade things in the truck they could be used to power a nice set of components in your front doors. Thinking ahead like that makes that money very well spent.

Another note on the speakers is NOT to waste your money on a 3-way or higher coaxial speaker. For example the price difference on the JBL GTO628 and the GTO638 is about $15 most places. There is absolutely no benefit to getting the three way. The little speakers they use for the midrange and tweeters, or tweeter and super tweeter aren't going to do anything more than the job of a single tweeter. There's not enough difference in size between the little drivers, a lack of passive crossover components to compliment their intended duties, and more often than not when you take them apart are the exact same thing anyway. Save that money on the difference between the two ways and anything more than that for other stuff.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Matts Blazer is on a distinguished road

http://www.jlaudio.com/

Take a look on here, you'll find what you need.

Last edited by Matts Blazer; 02-22-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Misleading Info
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Matts Blazer
JL Audio: Car Stereo, Speakers, Subs, Amps, Home Theater

Take a look on here, you'll find what you need.
Did you not read that they are on a budget?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Besides that and what so many people think, JL Audio is not the beat all end all brand the hype makes it out to be. Oh sure, they do make great products, there's no doubting that but there's plenty of other brands out there that make just as good and better for less to equal money. People get so hung up on brands because they don't know enough about specifications to make a proper comparison.

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 02-22-2013 at 05:07 PM.