Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Best radio for a 99 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Starting Member
Siobhan is on a distinguished road
Question Best radio for a 99 Blazer?

I just got this truck and was wondering what is the best radio to put in it? Also the easiest to install and looks factory without much modification. The radio that is in it now is dieing slowly. I also need to replace at least two speakers.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best Radio????? That is a question that all depends on your budget bro. None of them are going to "look" factory unless you replace it with a factory radio (which suck by the way). On a minimal budget I would look at an entry model panasonic, pioneer or a sony xplod. I have had good experience with all of them. Some people may recommend Alpine but I think for someone that has little knowledge about audio equipment (as you seem to do) getting an alpine deck could make your system sound even worse due to all the sound options Alpines have.

If you are looking for a cheap option I have a Panasonic cd player in the classifieds on here that I am only wanting 25 bucks for plus shipping. The deck works great still I just upgraded is all. Seeing that you more than likely are not going to be building a "huge" system it should be perfect for your needs. PM me if interested, if not no biggie. If you need help picking out decks Im sure many of us wouldnt mind looking some up for you online. Who doesnt like window shopping for audio equipment........ :-p... Just let us know your budget.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

If u want to keep it stock keep on the lookoit for bravadas with the 6 disk double din player. You will also need the dash bezel if u decide to go with that

Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
steelrfn is an unknown quantity at this point

To get a professional, factory look, just buy the mounting kit for your new head unit. I have had success using both the specific one for the blazers and the universal one, although the universal mounting kit takes some figuring out.
If you spend about $10 more, you can get the wiring harness to fit your truck, (they even sell them at walmart), with that harness, you just match the wires from the new stereo, which are labeled, to the harness, also labeled, then plug it right into your existing wiring harness.
If you go that route, you should fairly easily be able to install it yourself, and still end up with a nice clean look.
As far as speakers go, yours should be 6 inch in front and 6x9's in the rear, at least on the two door.

Best of luck.