Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

best tweeters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
MemphisBlazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best tweeters?

whats the best tweeters you prefer? i just read something about focal, some people have those pyramid super tweeters, i need to find something. im looking to get my truck to have ear piercing vocals, i already have type R's all the way around powered by a 400.4 memphis amp. 4 channel 100 watts each. i was going to order the pyramid tweeters but never got around to it, and now im asking you well educated people. i need a few of them, im replacing the stock ones on the 99 blazer up by the window, have ones put in the doors and want to add some to the back doors. i need loud and clear. any suggestions? thanks everyone

Old 12-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default RE: best tweeters?

Should have gotten some TypeR component speakers. sound great.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: FlatTop

Should have gotten some TypeR component speakers. sound great.
thats exactly what i have, now im upgrading to memphis component speakers in the fronts and typeR's in the rear. but im looking for tweeters that can give it an extra boost.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Whats wrong with the ones that come with the Type Rs? I had them installed and the highs where great.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point

The Type-R tweeters are pretty good. You can buy a Diamond audio tweeter kit for a decent price and get some of the best non-horn tweeters on the market. Sorry, no link that I know of. Most Diamond product is in-store only.

ID makes great tweeters as well, and they ARE worth the money.
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuse...roduct_ID=4996

If you REALLY want good tweeters, go with Image Dynamics CD1MH mini-horns, I'm not sure how the mounting would work in the dash though.
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuse...roduct_ID=5004

Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM

the typeR's are still in the door, but their just not enough, i have two memphis mojo 12's and the bass drowns them out. i just installed 2 memphis 6.5" components in the front doors and put the tweeters where the pillar is going up the front door. and its crystal clear and booming loud. just sounds straight amazing. i just wanted to put super tweeters in the dash where the stock ones were. (those grills on the dash) and instead i put the 6.5" typeR's there under the stock grills. they are amazing and cant be seen either. you have no idea what hit you until your in the truck. i just need to do the rear now.