Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

big bass stereo setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 AM
lil_blazin is on a distinguished road
Question big bass stereo setup

I have a kenwood deck that i got for free. I am just wondering if there are any stereo experts here who know a good setup for my 1988 chevy k5 blazer? The stereo is high on the list of things to do. I would like it to sound crisp but also pound hard. I dont want to dump alot into a stereo but in order to sound good i guess i may have too. So give me some input i have alot of room to play with. I am going to stay away from fiberglass boxes or anything like that because its going to be in an offroad vehicle. So fiberglass and crap is a no no.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
lil_blazin is on a distinguished road

Maybe a more straight-forward question to ask is what size subs can i run? What brand of speaker/sub will be the best bang for the buck buy? Also has anyone ever heard of a company called kaption, or at least i think thats the name? The shop that installed my dad's stereo in his truck said that kaption makes awesome subs? If you have heard them how do they sound? As for door speakers my mom has a dodge dakota it has sony xplod speakers and they sound really good they give a loud crisp sound and im taking her kenwood deck out of her dakota for my blazer because she has a new cd player. So just give me some input

Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

lets just say "keep it simple and loud?"

i would do what i did in my offraod suburu turbo car -

square box in cargo area with 4x 15 inch subs pointed straight up. Nice amp on them and rear facing slot port - bolted through the bottom to the body on the truck.
two sets of 5.25 inch comp sets in the doors, and anothing in the dash, two amps to push all that.

End Result: LOUD, CLEAR, SECURE!