Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo system setup in 2000 Blazer LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Starting Member
tbay3864 is on a distinguished road
Default Stereo system setup in 2000 Blazer LT

I don't have anything installed yet but here is what i have:

- (2) Orion 12" xtrpro 4ohm
- (1) 1000 watt amp (dont know the specs on it)
- (1) 1 farad capacitor

^^ bought all that off of a friend so i know that setup works

- (4) boss model LA-63. 6.5 inch 3 way 400watt peak..That i plan on installing in the front and rear doors.
- Kenwood KDC248U Headunit
__________________________________________________ _______________

Now what would you suggest the "best" set up would be?

I want to replace the dash speakers, whats the best replacement? 4x6's or 4's? or just remove the speakers and install tweeters? i don't know if i feel like installing speakers and tweeters both? i just want a good blend of highs,mids, and lows from my system.

now should i install another amp for the speakers? and if so i guess a 4 channel? and how to tie in the dash speakers into that amp?

also, is the amp and even the capacitor right for the subs? I mean the subs peak at 1000 and rms 500...so a 2 channel 2000 watt amp?
__________________________________________________ _______________

subs
Orion® Car Audio - XTRPRO124 - XTRPRO

headunit
Kenwood KDC-248U (KDC248U) CD, MP3 Car Stereo w/ Front AUX & USB

door speakers
Amazon.com: Boss LA63 Outcast 6.5" 3-Way Speaker with Diecast Aluminum Frame - Single: Electronics

Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Beginning Member
Canam is on a distinguished road

Well It really depends on what type of music you like to listen too I know it sounds weird but it does make a diff. I know I have the 2000 Blazer LT with all the bells and whistles and also the thumb controls and that is making my final decision on my speaker setup to be. I think you have the same 8 speaker conf.. so here is what I am doing...

I listen mostly to 80's Rock ok and some Blues
so at the top deak Im going Bi-cone tweets { reason to angle the vocal parts off the windsheild}
In each of the doors 4inch Infinity's

and go with then Infin 6x9's running only 200 watt Kenwood amp out of rear doors and 6x9's I ran that set up with my 2 Door Jimmy SLT minus the extra set for rear doors LOL and my truck the music sound like it was in a 'Sound chamber' perfect I dont tend to play for other ppl outside .. LOL