Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bose sound system

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Bose sound system

I have the Bose sound system in my truck, It's all stock right now with the stock radio...
My question is when I go to put an aftermarket deck in someday (I want my AUX input back! It's annoying now having one lol)...is there anything special that I would be looking for, or that I would have to do since it's the Bose system...or is the Bose system just the speakers?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 AM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm like 99.99% sure that its just the speakers.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

There might be a speaker amp somewhere in there too though, I know my buddy's VW Passat with the Bose system had one hidden behind the rear-quarter pannel. It might have been for his factory sub-woofer though.

Guess it's homework time lol.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

how can you tell if you have the bose sound system?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
how can you tell if you have the bose sound system?
It should have the Bose logo right below the clock on the radio...plus it will sound 100 times better then the stock delco one...lol

Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Pretty well all of the GM vehicles I've seen with a Bose system have a BOSE logo on the speaker covers... My father's 07 Sierra SLT has the logo on the tweeters.

*EDIT* oops, didn't see SISK's post.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

oh ok thanks

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Pretty well all of the GM vehicles I've seen with a Bose system have a BOSE logo on the speaker covers... My father's 07 Sierra SLT has the logo on the tweeters.

*EDIT* oops, didn't see SISK's post.
lol, yeah the only place mine has the Bose logo is on the radio itself, none on the speaker covers. Which, come to think of it, as you said seems a bit odd to me. I know Bose likes to put their logo's on most speaker covers in cars...weird. Oh well, you'd know if you had one. They sound amazing