Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

box design

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: box design

Word, come up with your own conclusions.

What amp are you going to use to run the 1600RMS? I smell a Hifonics user...

[8D]

Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

haha! fraid not.....

sundown saz-1500d

Old 12-28-2008, 09:37 PM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bad, not bad at all.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran

wow. those are sick box's! beautiful work

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran

amp specs claim 2245rms at .35 ohm with an above average electrical......not too bad...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Well thats good and all expect SD won't warrant anything under 1Ω anymore. They used to do 1/2Ω, but I guess it was too much power and blowing peoples subs.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

Well thats good and all expect SD won't warrant anything under 1Ω anymore. They used to do 1/2Ω, but I guess it was too much power and blowing peoples subs.
lol I think i was the other way around BJ. [8D]
And i know what kind of power those amps make @ 0.35 ohm on 16 volts!! And it isnt much. I think people with those amps should clamp them (properly and with quality meters) and see what power they are getting as well.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran

.ppl would run them at 1/2ohm on a 60amp alt and tiny battery and eff things up lol.......big 3 in 1/0, at least a 100amp or so alty and a decent battery and i think they're ok.....2 batteries would be best. Just found out mines still under warranty, did the same thing my 1st one did, just randomly started blowing my inline 80 amp fuse, throw the 501 in and it plays just fine. worth mentioning i was only running it at 2ohms too.......so now i have to send it off to texas sometime soon, then try and find out why its doing that......I'll try an anl fuse maybe....but to be honest this alpine amp, I love it, sounds very musical, and waay too many settings to play around with......definatly plays like 60hz and up better than the sundown.....and it seems more accurate too on fast double kick beats.....why oh why cant alpine make an affordable high power amp?????????? 1000 watts used to be cool[8D]

Old 01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: The A Team

And i know what kind of power those amps make @ 0.35 ohm on 16 volts!! And it isnt much. I think people with those amps should clamp them (properly and with quality meters) and see what power they are getting as well.
Haha, my comment was for you.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: The A Team

Haha, my comment was for you.
You know me to well. I will never understand the buzz about those amps. Absolutely nothing special about them. Built on a common 1000 watt board and has nothing better then any other common amp built on the same chassis. Kinda like the whole DD/AQ/Konoki/TFone/American Bass subs! Tell me which is better? lol[:'(]

Quick Reply: box design