Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

box design help

Old 09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default box design help

hey im going to be building a kind of custom box i want a ported box tuned two 32 hrz with the port facing back or aero ports? and the sub fireing up but i also want an amp drawer under neath is this an easy thing to do? also wanted to know the difference between an aero box port and a slot port which one would be better for this box? im going to be putting a 15 inch fi bl in here. i have about 38 inches in width and 34 in length its for a 95 chevy blazer 4 door it would be great if someone could draw me up a sketch or some designs just to get me started if not give me some more ideas thanks
[/align]

Old 09-09-2008, 08:05 PM
05Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: box design help

I have had 2 10" Rockford Fosgate He2 Subs in a custom AERO ported box. If you want stupid loud, I reccomend aero ports. With 2 10's and a 500rms Kenwood amp, I got a Db reading of 142.7

I also have made a slot port box and didnt like it as much as my aero ported box. The sound was a little more rough.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Starting Member

well whats involved in instaling aeros?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:22 PM

I had 2 aero ports on the back of the box right behind the magnet of the subs. You'll need ( depending on the size) somthing to cut a round hole to fit them in. Mine were in two pieces so I cut the hole, screwed the opening in, and with the subs out, attached the other half. Some people glue them together, but are hard to get apart afterwards. I just used duct tape. It holds them together with no rattles and if you decide to take them out and use them in another box you can do so.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Starting Member

ok so how are they tuned? and anyone have any ideas how i could build this beast of a box?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 PM

It was really just a squae box. Ill send you an email with the picture of the car it was in, then maybe you could some how figure out the measurements.

Email adress?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I believe there's a bit more to designing a ported box than just making a square and cutting some openings in it...and I'm not familiar with all these technical terms...so what exactly is 'stupid loud'?

And remember people run entire businesses off box design...I wouldn't count on someone just 'drawing up a sketch' for you..

Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Starting Member

I believe there's a bit more to designing a ported box than just making a square and cutting some openings in it...and I'm not familiar with all these technical terms...so what exactly is 'stupid loud'?

And remember people run entire businesses off box design...I wouldn't count on someone just 'drawing up a sketch' for you..
haha yea i hear yah ik its alot more complex than stated above. this isnt my first box i built i just want some ideas i pretty much know what im doing i think im just gonna go with f.i dimensions off thier website then just add like 6-8 inches to the bottom of it for an amp drawer i just want to know now whats the different in the two kind of ports and how the aeros get tuned

Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Here is what I had for 1 15" BL 1st gen blazer. External dimensions 37.25" wide, 17" deep, 16.25" high, 3/4" MDF with a double baffle flush mount, 2 4" PSP ports 14" long. So internal dimensions were 35.75x14x15.5 then minus sub and port discplacements. Sounded good to me. Info on how to determine port length here.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:19 PM

For me, with the twoten inch subsstupid loud was 142.7 Dbs. You really could not sit in the car without ear plugs it was just way too loud. And I mean thats pretty damn good considering: 1 amp, no dynamat, 4 gauge wiring, and the car was off during the competition running straight from a stock battery.

I made the box custom with specs for the subs, I didnt just make a square box with two ports in it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: box design help