Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

box design help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: box design help

Blazin_Jason is that box big enough for that sub if every thing goes well ill be the new owner of a 15 bl also what was involved in building that box? thats the exact way i want mine just with an amp drawer under it more details would be great

Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I sort of did something like that. Read this maybe? Yes the box I built was about 4 cubes which is on the larger end. Have you built a box before?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Starting Member

yea ive built a few boxes just not with aero ports i looked at that psp website for those ports and i only saw 4x17 what did you do cut them down a little bit? i actually read your post there a while back. and what do you mean by internal dimensions? is that from the inside edge of the wood?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Starting Member

forgot to ask whats involved in a double baffel flush mount is it just 2 pieces of wood just ones different size for it to sink in?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 PM

Yes the ports come at 17" long, the main tube can be easily cut with a dremel or whatever. Basically the internal dimensions is what you use to calculate the air space. So your max width is 38" - (0.75 + 0.75) = 36.5", assuming 3/4" MDF as I wouldn't use anything less. I could figure out the depth and height, but I don't know since you want the drawer underneath it. For the double baffle it is basically 2 layers of MDF. The first layer has the sub Cut ID: 14.125”, and then the top layer is Sub OD: 15.625” hole size. That allows the cub to sit down flush. You don't need to do that though, but it looks pretty

Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Starting Member

ok so the ports are pretty simple can you just tell me the dimensions of your box that would make it easier because im pretty much going for the same thing. yea i like the look of the double baffle too so i think im gonna give it a try also on the amp drawer could i just make the walls of the box like 6 inches longer and put a seperate slot connected right to the sub box like build the box to the dimensions then just cut like 6 inches extra the bottom and put the floor in where it should be and then put the drawer where the other 6 inches are if that makes sence to you?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Sort of follow you. I wouldn't put the amp in a completely sealed area though. That's why I installed the fans. Any reason why you don't want it on the box or something?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Starting Member

well right now i have my amps on a little flap thing behind the seats (comes factory on my year) and i dont like the way it looks like cleanlyness and ive actually split a wire folding my seat back up once so i want to move them from there and i dont really want them on the box either cuz of the cleanlyness reason again i just think the drawer is the cleanest most efficient way and yea i was planning on putting in 2 cooling fansand maybe some breathing holes hidden somewhere

Old 09-14-2008, 01:55 PM

What amp are you planning on using?

Old 09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Starting Member

i have a kicker zx 1000 and a kicker zx 350 for my door speakers

Quick Reply: box design help