Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bravada speakers and radio in a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Beginning Member
94camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bravada speakers and radio in a blazer

I was reading about the Oldsmobile bravada and i had read that they had better speakers or something. Is this true? If so could i take the radio and speakers out of a Bravada and put them in my blazer i know there is a Bravada in my local junkyard with everything still in it.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bravada speakers and radio in a blazer

Again, what year.

Problem is that the Bravada may have the Bose stereo system which includes an amplifier. This adds a lot of complexity to the swap including the wiring harness for the amp.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member

I can only hope that the speakers will be bose. My blazer already has one 800 watt 2 channel amp and i think that will work wont it? oh and again the the Bravada could be a 96. What about the raido swap?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, it is not worth the trouble. The Bose system really only sounds good when you have everything. Any good aftermarket equipment, IMO, sounds equal to and, in most cases, better than the factory Bose system.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member

ok and yeah you are right it would be too much work for just adding slightly above stock speakers.