Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

broken into

Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default broken into

well I didn't have the best of days, today I went to lunch and when I got up to my car, I realized the back window was broken out. They took my ipod out of the glove compartment (which makes me wish that we had locks on them) and they got my face plate. I would get some pics up but I can't find my micro sd card adapter. But anyways, Im thinking this is a good reason to get an alarm and what ones would you guys recomend? Im thinking about a remote start and not too pricy. ANd also can I just go to Pioneer and get a new face plate? Or what would I have to do?
thanks guys

Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: broken into

you can order a new face plate if you have the right model number, as for the alarm/remote start, go with a viper alarm system, one of the best on the market. if you dont have the cash see if you cant get a stock one from gm.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

sucks to hear that. I hate thieves!

any alarm by DEI you can pretty much expect to be of decent quality. Not sure about buying a seperate face plate. Whats the point of having a removable faceplate if you didnt remove it?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bobditts

sucks to hear that. I hate thieves!

any alarm by DEI you can pretty much expect to be of decent quality. Not sure about buying a seperate face plate. Whats the point of having a removable faceplate if you didnt remove it?
removing the faceplate is one of those things that you do at first but after a while you just start slacking and then just quit completely, i cant think of anybody who takes their face plate off when they get out of their car

Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Check ebay. Sometimes people sell the faceplates for cheap. Ordering from pioneer you have to create an account to do anything. I have an account because I have had to order a new dial for the volume control. What model stereo do you have, I can find out how much it would cost for you to oreder one from pioneer.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a compustar remote starter/alarm its awesome and it has a 5000' range.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your loss man, thats a shame. The best alarms I've had the pleasure of working with are CompuSTAR. Very high quality components, easy to use, and i believe they even won a few Innovations awards at CES a year or so back...

Oh and Blznlow, I have a two-way paging LCD alarm withtilt switches, glass break, shock,and proximity sensors. And I still remove my faceplate and put a club on my car "every" time i lock up my vehicle...

Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

well the thing is I had the faceplate removed which is the real kicker it was in the case in the center console and the weird thing is, is that they left the case and remote. BTW its a 590-ib (or 590ub cant remember)

--oh and I've ALWAYS taken the faceplate off whenever I leave the truck

Old 12-21-2007, 12:01 AM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cliro

i have a compustar remote starter/alarm its awesome and it has a 5000' range.
I also have a compustar remote starter/alarm. wouldn't trade it for anything.mine has 6000' range, its the Compustar Pro P2WSS-AS. Compustar is manufactured by DEI. if you want to go cheaper but with a nice unit...code alarm has some nice stuff.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

My truck was broken into, in my driveway last New Years Eve. There was body and lock damage done as well as the stolen stereo.
The stupid theives left the old 35mm film containers that had roughly $200.00 in change in them.
Makes me wish it was easier to buy a gun in Canada. I'm getting an alarm system as soon as I finish my restoration. I'm also thinking about a home security video system linked to the computer.

I used to like people.....[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: broken into