Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Calling all audio gurus

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Starting Member
99lsdriven is on a distinguished road

By the way alton, since you helped me with finding the source of my amp problem, could you possibly tell me what transistors my amp (hifonics titan txi 7508) is running or where I can find out? I can't find the information anywhere and I want to get this thing fixed.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99lsdriven
By the way alton, since you helped me with finding the source of my amp problem, could you possibly tell me what transistors my amp (hifonics titan txi 7508) is running or where I can find out? I can't find the information anywhere and I want to get this thing fixed.
Getting the number off the transistors for replacements is easy enough, but ensuring that nothing else is burnt, and that it's all still working correctly could be an all together different matter. Unless the transistors are burnt up, you should be able to read the numbers right off of them. However, if you want to go this route you're cheaper off getting the little insulators (available at places like Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components) and seeing if it fires back up on its own. If none of the transistors are burnt (all perfectly readable, no swelling, no burn marks) and nothing else looks burnt and it doesn't fire up on its own with new insulators then chances are you won't be able to repair it yourself without the proper test equipment, prior knowledge of how amplifiers work, and quite possibly not without the schematics and other information from the manufacturer that tells you what voltages, signals and such are supposed to be at what points. At that point you have to ask yourself if the amp is worth sending off to be repaired or if it would be cheaper in the long run to simply replace it.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Starting Member
99lsdriven is on a distinguished road

I pulled all of the transistors back so that they were about a quarter inch from the chasis of the amp, it worked for about 5 minutes and then went into protection mode. It has two different sizes of transistors, the small ones have numbers on them but the larger ones don't. There is no swelling or burn marks, I haven't gotten a chance to put a meter on the poor thing. I think it may be getting time to lay it to rest.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*I moved the above 3 posts from the 'For Sale' thread Sundown Audio SAE-1200D since they do not concern the item for sale.