Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Cassette won't eject-Bose system 2001 Bravada-HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member
bigtone23 is on a distinguished road
Default Cassette won't eject-Bose system 2001 Bravada-HELP!

So this thing has a cassette deck. Haven't had one in years. Decided to try out a tape and see how it sounds and then maybe purchase a tape adaptor for my iPod depending on the results.
Put the tape in, it auto reversed a few times and ejected, I put it in again and it auto reversed and only half ejected and made squeaky motor sounds. The tape then went back in the unit and now will not eject. This now puts the "TP" indicator in my display and diables the use of the CD changer. I can stll listen to the radio and play the single CDs.

Anyone have advice on this? perhaps it's a broken belt or transport spring.
Is it easy to open up these radios to fix? If not, any good place to send to have it fixed?

I'm not going to put an aftermarket head unit in because I don't want to go through with the quasi major modifications to do so. I may not keep this thing much longer. Seems to have lots of lemon-y issues.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Beginning Member
bigtone23 is on a distinguished road
Default Cassette won't eject-Bose system 2001 Bravada-HELP!

So this thing has a cassette deck. Haven't had one in years. Decided to try out a tape and see how it sounds and then maybe purchase a tape adaptor for my iPod depending on the results.
Put the tape in, it auto reversed a few times and ejected, I put it in again and it auto reversed and only half ejected and made squeaky motor sounds. The tape then went back in the unit and now will not eject. This now puts the "TP" indicator in my display and disables the use of the CD changer. I can stll listen to the radio and play the single CDs.

Anyone have advice on this? perhaps it's a broken belt or transport spring.
Is it easy to open up these radios to fix? If not, any good place to send to have it fixed?

I'm not going to put an aftermarket head unit in because I don't want to go through with the quasi major modifications to do so. I may not keep this thing much longer. Seems to have lots of lemon-y issues.