Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CD player = truck not starting...? huh?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:35 PM
GrEeNeyedBLAZERbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CD player = truck not starting...? huh?

ok, i JUST put in my new CD player...which works fine by the way...looks very nice in the truck. however...i have a slighty LARGE problem...my truck wont start. i have no idea why. The engine cranks...it just wont turn over or stay on. Has this happened to anyone? or does anyone know if they can help me? i dont know what other information to give besides that fact that it was working fine this morning before i took the dash apart...and now it wont start. AND for some odd reason the fuel gage wont go up when i have the battery on - ya know, right before you turn it to start the engine - when i know full well its NOT leaking and the tank was half full. can anyone help me please?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: CD player = truck not start...? huh?

nothing really related between the two. Try unhooking the battery for a while. then seeing if that helps.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:45 PM

i tried that already...i unhooked the battery for about 5-10 minutes to reset the computer and stuff...still wont work...

Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

make sure that you didnt blow any fuses. check them all. just go ahead and pull out every one and see if it is blown. Im out of guesses now. Sorry! Good Luck!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:55 PM

i checked em all already...like...all the basic stuff that i thought it could be...i did...i checked it...o dont know what more to do... =/

thanks anyway...

anyone else know of anything???

Old 04-09-2007, 01:11 AM

[sm=helpout.gif]anyone? no one? im like desperate right now...i need this truck to get me to and from work. its my only ride, only mode of transportation...[sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 04-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to start a process of elimination to figure out what the problem is. check to see if you have spark then see if you have fuel and go from there. let us know what you find out and that will help narrow it down.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM

i have spark, and i know i have half a tank of fuel...but its just not being picked up or w/e. i drove it maybe 10 miles yesterday TOPS and it had half a tank when i got back home and now its not picking anything up from the tank i guess...when i put the key in and turn it so the battery goes on - right before i turn it further to actually START my truck - the fuel gage usually goes up...but its not at all....even tho i know the tank is half full.

and this will probably sound stupid...but is there ANYWAY the radio i installed has ANYTHING to do with this? ive been told its not but i guess i need reasurrance...is there anyway its connected somehow???

Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

After looking at your previous thread, sounds like you probably knocked the instrument cluster loose when you took everything apart. I would check there because that's probably why the fuel gauge isn't working. You my have to take it out and put it back in. Be careful because you can cause more problems if you're not. As for not starting, check all the connectors in and around the radio and the steering column. I'm guessing you probably dropped the steering column and you may have knocked something loose.Some of the aftermarket radios are longer than the factory ones so I've had friends try to push them in and do damage. WATCH the AIR BAG when working around the column. Pull the SIR fuse.If you don't understand what I'm talking about, QUIT. Also did you use the right adapters or did you cut or slice any wiring ?
I used to help freinds get out of trouble like this but now I refer them to my son who is a professional installer (because I'm lazy now LOL). I can tell you that what seems like a simple job turns into a nightmare when something goes wrong. This type of thing happens more than you think. Newer vehicles are far more complicated than the old ones. My son usually has a new horror story every week about someone who attempted their own installation. Realistically, if you don't have factory service info and know how to use a meter, you probably won't find it. Zygoat is correct because if you can't visually find the problem you have to take a meter and the service info and start back tracking. Who knows, the starting problem may not even be related and be a freak coincidence. Good luck and let us know if you find it.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read your last question. If the problems are related, no the radio itself would not cause it but something in the instalation process definitely could.I've seen it many times. It's not like in the 60's when it was a simple job. Now you've got computers, security systems and sensors running the car so if you get a bad connection somewhere, you can't rule out anything witout proper diagnosis. BTW, gauges going wacko when someone takes the dash apart is pretty common. My buddy lost $50 to me because he bet me it wasn't related and that he did everything right.

Quick Reply: CD player = truck not starting...? huh?