Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CD player = truck not starting...? huh?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CD player = truck not start...? huh?

Why didn't you disconnect the negative terminal on the battery in the beginning? There would have been no blown fuses if you had. Also, did you really slice up the internal radio harness?????

Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Don't go and randomly buy a fuel pump no matter what anyone tells you. It will probably have the same result as the battery you bought.
2. Just because the fuse is not blown NOW does not mean that everything is OK. The fuse is there to protect a circuit. It's highly possible that you already damaged the circuit and that it is open as opposed to shorted and that's why the fuse is not blowing now.
3. As I stated before, to find out why the security system is activated requires proper diagnosis which you don't have the equipment or the expertise to do. Had you told us in your original post that the security light was on and you cut wires and blew a fuse, I would have just told you to leave it alone. These are not minor issues. You can easily cost yourself a lot more money by messing with things you don't understand.
4. The only thing that you could do is backtrack your work and put everything back together and as Lastcoupe said, put in the proper harness. At this point, I doubt that would work. As far as the black wires, Never assume anything on automotive wiring. You have to KNOW which usually requires a schematic and the ability to understand it.
My advice is stop now before you end up costing yourself even more money and have a qualified tecnician fix it. Not trying to be a jerk but I think it's beyond a job for a novice now. Good luck.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
GrEeNeyedBLAZERbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

okay...i unhooked my radio...

and guess what.

it starts.

[sm=laughat.gif]

you all have permission to laugh at my expense. [sm=sigh.gif]

anyway...after i unplugged it and got it started...yay...my fuel gage STiLL wont go up...and i KNOW FOR A FACT it has ATLEAST half a tank...i can promise you all it has gas in it... but the gage still wont go up, my low fuel light stays on and the (ABS) light stays lit. i obviously messed up the wiring somewhere and dont know where...i know i know..."you should have gotten the wiring harness" well...i did buy one actually, from circuit city, i ordered it online and planned on picking it up from them the same day, but it was Easter and they were closed and my boyfriend had wanted to do it himself all along anyway...so...we went ahead and did it..its not like we havent done this before tho. we installed a DVD player into his 06 Focus,then he decided he didnt want that and we took that out and installed the same CD player into his car that we installed into mine. his car has been working just fine...and mine wouldnt start. i know. stupid. i wont ever do anything myself again due to lack of confidence. lol.

but anyway...i took my radio out and the wires that arent connected to anything that i said i just taped off are the following colors:

purple with white stripe
gray (there were two grays i didnt know what to do with, but turns out one of the grays was a memory wire (??) and i hooked that up to the main power wire so that it keeps the time on the radio and my set channels, etc.)
black (for some reason there were two black wires...i used one of them as the grounding wire and the other is tapped off)
green
dark blue

and all these wires are THIN wires...cuz i had another dark blue wire and green wire but those were thick and used for my speakers...obviously...since they were speaker wires. but basically, my question is...does anyone know if these wires have something to do with my fuel gage or abs sensor...or SOMETHING? because now my truck runs fine...but only if there is no radio..so...anymore help...?

((btw, my security light is flashing again like it should be))

Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

okay...i unhooked my radio...

and guess what.

it starts.
Great!...now you KNOW it was self-inflicted....so before you do anything else...take the truck to autozone and have them scan your PCM,(Powertrain Control Module) BCM, (Body Control Module) and EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) for DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes). Write ALL OF THEM down and repost with each code and I'll try to get you fixed up....ok?
And by the way each code will be 5 digits pcm codes will be Pxxxx like P1636...bcm codes will be Bxxxx and EBCM codes will be Cxxxx. make sure you get each and every code number and it's status if possible (either "current" or "history") And next time realize that some of the peoploe on this forum are here to help not just to share our mods and opinions, so If you have a doubt (or a dumbass attack......LOL) again post upBEFORE you act on it.......OK?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

The Autozones around my area use generic Actron scanners and only show P codes. That's a start but may want to find a shop with a better scanner.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you save the stock harness that plugs into the stock radio? If you did i would re wire that back onto the wires then buy the adapter and connect it that way. It wont look very good but everything should work as long as you connect all the wires correctly. Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: lastcoupe

Great!...now you KNOW it was self-inflicted....so before you do anything else...take the truck to autozone and have them scan your PCM,(Powertrain Control Module) BCM, (Body Control Module) and EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) for DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes). Write ALL OF THEM down and repost with each code and I'll try to get you fixed up....ok?
And by the way each code will be 5 digits pcm codes will be Pxxxx like P1636...bcm codes will be Bxxxx and EBCM codes will be Cxxxx. make sure you get each and every code number and it's status if possible (either "current" or "history") And next time realize that some of the peoploe on this forum are here to help not just to share our mods and opinions, so If you have a doubt (or a dumbass attack......LOL) again post upBEFORE you act on it.......OK?
[sm=sigh.gif]yea yea yea. i know. lesson learned ok? lol [sm=smiley17.gif]thanks for all your help tho - everyone. lastcoupe- i will get to autozone and get those codes for you and post them up asap. thank you soooo much for all your help

Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: 03blazer

Did you save the stock harness that plugs into the stock radio? If you did i would re wire that back onto the wires then buy the adapter and connect it that way. It wont look very good but everything should work as long as you connect all the wires correctly. Hope this helps.
yea i saved the stock harness, but my bf cut it all the way down to the end...so...we have no extra wire to work with on it...[sm=smiley24.gif]or else thats exactly what we'd do. right now he's in the process of looking up a harness for the truck for the regular factory radio so that the adaptor i ALREADY BOUGHT from circuit city can be used...*rolls eyes*...so...we'll do it the easy way..the way we should have from the beginning...

Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 AM

so i take it no one knows what those colored wires are for...?

Old 04-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

the factory harness will be metra part number 71-2003-1. go to froogle.com and put that in. will show you where to buy it. The only wires that are part of the radio system are as follows

Radio 12v orange + radio harness
Radio Groundblack/white - radio harness
Radio IgnitionClass 2 Serial Data
Radio IlluminationN/A
Factory Amp Turn-onpink + radio harness
Power Antennadk. green + radio harness
LF Speaker +/-tan - gray +,-radio harness
RF Speaker +/-lt. green - green +,-radio harness
LR Speaker +/-brown - yellow +,-radio harness
RR Speaker +/-blue - lt. blue +,-radio harness

Passlock wires are Orange/black, White, and yellow.

The two gray wires, are as follows, the smaller gauge wire is the left front speaker negative, the larger is illumination, not a 12v constant. The Orange is 12v constant. Blacks are grounds, blue and green are speaker wires. Those wires listed above, with the exception of passlock wires, are the only wires that need to be hooked up for radio.

Did the door chimes sound before when you had the door open (on factory radio)

Quick Reply: CD player = truck not starting...? huh?