Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CD player = truck not starting...? huh?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM
komodopb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CD player = truck not start...? huh?

Could it be a weak battery? I installed a radio in my 2004 Blazer two weeks ago, left the doors open while I was doing the wiring and when I went to start the car, I got nothing. The engine would crank but wouldn't start. I jumped the battery with my other car and haven't had a problem since. Hopefully it's something as simple as this. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^I had that too...doors were open for like 10 minutes and the battery was dead. Hooked up the battery charger and it read 11.5volts. Try charging the battery or jumping it! GL!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
GrEeNeyedBLAZERbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

i did slice the wires to get the new CD player in ((btw, i have my bf helping me out on this so if i dont understand some things he does)) and there was a 15 amp fuse that he had to pull out because the first one blew out and i didnt want it to happen again so he took it out while we installed it - it was in the lower side closest to the front of the vehicle ((he cant remember which one exactly but it was closest to the front)) and everytime he pulled it out and put it back in the gages jumped and then went back down to zero...could that have anything to do with messing up the fuel gage?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM

*sigh*...

ok...i put in a new battery...its still not starting...

when i turn the key i hear a whurring noise coming from near where the gas tank is...also, when i turn the key to start the truck, it starts...it just doesnt STAY ON...im assuming cuz no fuel is being pushed through to KEEP it on? im really running out of ideas here for what could be wrong...

oh yea...and why does my security light stay on in the dash?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

The whirring noise is probably just the fuel pump running. It's in the tank and probably isn't related to the problem.

The security system is probably shutting off your fuel injectors and that's why it's stalling. That's also why the light is on. IPC, BCM and PCM are all tied in to the security system . Fuel gauge was a dead giveaway. Aside from back tracking your work and checking fuses, you are probably dead in the water. Might help if you knew which fuse blew but I'm thinking you may have damaged one of the modules I was just talking about. Not a job for a novice because you'll need a scanner, factory service info and a meter to track down the problem.
Btw, the battery was NOT my idea LOL.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:54 AM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like stated, the passive security system (found in manual) or maybe fuel filter (optimist)

Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 AM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuel filter won't activate the Security light. Hacked wires and blown fuses will though LOL. Just kidding---sort of.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 AM

ok...this might sound stupid...but im pulling at strings here...kinda like i wanna know myself what the problem is before i go out spending 500 bucks on fuel pumps and what not...

ANYWAY...is there anyway possible my radio has anything to do with the security system and my light staying on?

filstoy- you said the security system is probably shutting of my fuel injectors ((btw, i checked all fuses...none of which are blown)) but how is the security system doing that exactly? when i was installing my radio there were two black wires...and i can only assume that they were both grounding wires. i hooked up one to my radio...and didnt know what to do with the other...so i just taped it off. does that need to be grounded to metal or something? could that have something to do with the security system?

Old 04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

so i just taped it off. does that need to be grounded to metal or something? could that have something to do with the security system?
First off WHAT are you doing cutting wires!!?? You can buy an aftermarket wiring harness that will plug directly into your factory harness and you're done...no cutting and guessing. If you did not have this problem before you hacked up your harness then put it back the way it was and see if the thing will start...that will tell you something at least right? It sounds to me like you have inadvertantly damaged the pass-lock sensor wiring. If the BCM doesn't see the expected voltage value on the pass-lock sensor circuit it will not send the fuel-enable password to the PCM so your engine will not start. I'd suggest putting everything back and getting a radio harness connector.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

^ I agree with him. Thats what i would do.

Quick Reply: CD player = truck not starting...? huh?