Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Component Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Component Help Please

Hi All. I need a little advice. I've been lurking in this section, and you guys seem to know what you are talking about, but I can still understand most of what you say. I spent a little time over at caraudio.com, but they are worlds above my head and I have no idea what they are saying.

Here's the situation. I have an 04 2wd 4d blazer with a double din radio. I am looking to upgrade my sound system, but will have to do it in stages. I ultimately want a cannon type sub, decent speakers, amps, etc. I still need the carrying capacity so quad 15's are out of the question, hense the cannon type sub (Bazooka tube type). I would like input on everything from amps, subs, wiring, speakers, sound deadening, etc. But the immediate need is a head unit. I want a Nav unit, with inputs for sat. radio, backup camera, etc. I currently have a Garmin portable GPS that I like, so if anyone uses Garmin in their head units, that would be a plus. Budget wise for the head unit would be in the low 800's, with a total budget under 2k.

I hope to have the entire system inplace by July 4. Thanks in advance for all your input.