Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dash Bezel Gap

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member
BoulderCO is on a distinguished road
Default Dash Bezel Gap

Hello all, I just bought my 2nd blazer, a green zr2 two door la with grey interior(hate the grey, wish I had black). the previous owner was a mechanic, and everything is pretty clean. The one thing that bothers me, is there is a healthy gap between the bottom of the radio and the dash bezel, as well as the top of the HVAC control. It has a stock stereo, but the lights have been switched out with blue ones, and it's had an Aux input added to the face. I was wondering if anybody else has had this fitment problem. My previous blazer(my first car, silver 2001 four door) had the same thing going on, with the dash bezel gaps, but it was less noticeable, since it had black interior instead of grey. What do you think is causing this? Could the mountain brackets for the radio be bent or something? Is this what happens when the dash warps? It's been under the sun a lot, with a lot of paint cracking on the hood, so maybe that contributed? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is really getting to me lol

Old 08-27-2017, 10:09 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Take it apart and start looking around to see what you could do to make the gaps less.
It could be how it is from the factory, or age.