Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dashboard tweeters

Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM
blzn97 is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard tweeters

I have a stock head unit with new 6.5's in the front doors. I'd like to keep tweeters in the dash location. Any suggestions for replacement tweeters that would fit? My Blazer is a 97. Thanks!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Are you planning on keeping the factory HU? I don't really want to come across as an *** but if you are then it really won't matter what tweeter you use. Any of them off the shelf at Walmart or a similar store will do what you're wanting.

Ultimately it depends on what you're going for. If you're just wanting speakers that are better than factory and not replacing the factory HU then literally pretty much anything on the shelf at the store is better than the factory ones. GM/AC Delco pays pennies for them manufactured at the absolute cheapest rate possible. If you really want to do much better than that then you'll also need to look at a new HU too since the factory units only output a couple of watts of power and their output circuitry, again, is built from the cheapest parts possible. The output signals suck.

Maybe with a little more information we can help lead you in the best direction.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:27 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

yea i definitely agree with altoncustomtech, the upgraded aftermarket headunit really makes a difference. the ac delco/ gm speakers are junk. if you have seen them, youll understand what we mean lol

as for tweeters, i bought these
Amazon.com : Infinity Reference 1031t 1-Inch, High-Performance 150-Watt Textile-Dome Tweeter (Pair) : Vehicle Tweeters : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Infinity Reference 1031t 1-Inch, High-Performance 150-Watt Textile-Dome Tweeter (Pair) : Vehicle Tweeters : Car Electronics

if im not mistaken, there are no tweeters out there that will directly fit into the stock plates that hold your current stock tweeters, these infinitis however have 2 different mounting options, they have what they have a custom starfish mount (only infinity) and a normal one (see pics on link.) I ended up using the standard mount ( not starfish) and they sound great!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:07 AM
blzn97 is on a distinguished road

New HU down the road for sure, thanks for your help!

Old 10-11-2014, 10:35 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

erock is right, there's no direct fit tweeter, but the factory ones suck ***** anyway so I've always just modified them in whatever way was necessary to mount aftermarket ones to the plate.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:39 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

After I put components in my doors, I just unplugged those stock ones on the dash... Sounds better without those crappy stock ones hooked up lol and my JL components put out PLENTY of highs

Old 10-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member
Fryer, Nick is on a distinguished road

I have a 98 so it may be a little different, but what I put in mine were Kenwood 2 way 4x6 speakers. They sound really good. One thing to note is that to not torque the front screws of the speaker (the ones closest the windshield) so that the speaker lays flat. Then screw in the back ones with the speaker grill. If you do torque the front ones all the way it will stay but there is a good possibility they will snap the speaker grill.