Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Door speakers

Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Beginning Member
Justin56 is on a distinguished road
Default Door speakers

I need to replace the front door speakers in my blazer. I dont have the bose system. Ive always been a fan of fosgate speakers. My questions are will they fit under the stock speaker grille i dont want to cut it out? They dash speakers are fine so should i use 2way or 4way?

Old 02-11-2014, 05:57 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah, no problem with them fitting behind the door card.

Nothing wrong with Fosgate gear. There's no sense in worrying with anything more than 2 way. All those extra little drivers are for is eye candy, they have NO added useful purpose more than that.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
richphotos is a jewel in the roughrichphotos is a jewel in the roughrichphotos is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech View Post
Oh yeah, no problem with them fitting behind the door card.

Nothing wrong with Fosgate gear. There's no sense in worrying with anything more than 2 way. All those extra little drivers are for is eye candy, they have NO added useful purpose more than that.
Pish posh, they should have a 6 way speaker!

Old 02-12-2014, 06:15 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

They're sonically more than the human brain can handle, but they even make 8-ways.

Take a look
HERE HERE
, but whatever you do DON'T buy any or your brain might melt or it could render you retarded and sterile!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Beginning Member
Justin56 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info

Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
richphotos is a jewel in the roughrichphotos is a jewel in the roughrichphotos is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech View Post
They're sonically more than the human brain can handle, but they even make 8-ways.

Take a look HERE, but whatever you do DON'T buy any or your brain might melt or it could render you retarded and sterile!
8 way?!?!?!?! that is just insane. and LMAO 1200w.
Those things look so stupid. And there are people who buy them.. The reviews crack me up.

This is the best 6 x 9 speaker I've ever heard... you would swear you have 10 inch bass installed. These speakers don't seem to know they are just 6 x 9's. I love them, I could only imagine how four of these would sound in in the back of my car

That person has clearly never heard a good sounding system.