Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

dvd player

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:10 PM
XjustinX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dvd player

So i got a question...figured someone could help. If i want to put in advd player and a xbox360what would i need/how would i go about doing it. Plus im gonna put in subs and amp. What about the battery...wouldnt wanna kill it or anything.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: dvd player

beef up your battery to a optima yellow top it will handle the load with no problems as far as running and xbox360 with dvd player the xbox is going to have to be hooked up to an inverter that you can get at a part store that takes the 12 volt system and transfers power to power up your xbox 360 and as for the dvd player just have to run power to it and use rca jacks to connect everything together.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

the power supply on the 360 draws 200 watts, plus dvd player/screen (wattage depends on screen size and type) is going to need a big power inverter. you'll most likely need at least a 400w if not a 600w or 800w, most of them are as simple as connecting to the battery and running wires to get it inside the cabin. and plug it in. EuroGoldLS wrote a great how-to on how to install one and use the plastic cover on the back of the center console as the power outlet.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

the 360 already plays dvds

Old 10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

true...

however i was thinking he meant like a portable dvd player to use as a screen...

Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point

You would definatly want to upgrade your alternator as well as the battery. Need more info. on your actual plans before we can really say much more...

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Battery is only an issue really if you watch movies/play Halo 3with the truck off so I say alternator first. I wouldn't say its critical to upgrade alternator, battery, and wires right away unless you are using 1000 watts and above. What kind of receiver are you thinking about or already have?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
XjustinX is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont have a unit picked out yet...leaning towards pioneer maybe....been happy with them in the past. I'll probly want to upgrade the battery then because im sure i'll end up playing with the truck off. What is the alternator gonna cost..roughly...what should i go with?? also i was thinking flip out in dash unit and eventually two headrests for the back.