Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

factory arlarm.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM
tiller787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default factory arlarm.

hi all, first time on here,
I have a question about the factory alarm. i have keyless entry. i wanted to know if the horn should beep when i lock the truck, it dosen't sound. i would like it to. is there any way of turning it on, or is this not a feature? i do not have the owners manual, sorry if this is a textbook question.

Thank you for your help

Old 01-17-2009, 06:40 PM
vadatara2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: factory arlarm.

Mine beeps once the second time I push the lock button on the remote. I believe the first push locks the doors, the second sets the alarm.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Same here.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

One push locks the doors and sets the alarm. Pushing it a second time will honk the horn to let you know you already did it.

To test the one push therory, lift your door handle after you push it once. It should set off the alarm, as in lights and horn going.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:03 PM

there is the problem, i can push the button as many times as i want but the horn does not sound. dosen't look like anyhting is unplugged. is there some way of programing it to be silent? how would i reset it?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The chirp is indeed a programmable function.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM

enable/ disable horn churp. i spend hours looking can;t seem to find any way to help me out.
if anyone know it would be a great help! i feel like a tool not having a horn churp, i loved it on my old truck, made me sure i locked it,

Old 01-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dealer can set it for you, but they will likely charge.