Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

four door speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member
erobe387 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default four door speaker replacement

I have a 1997 chevy s10 four door blazer ls which I have been wanting to replace the speakers in the doors and have talked to crutchfeild about the right speakers that will fit in the openings but they keep telling me that the speakers for the rear door will not fit the front door.I plan on puting the alpine spr-17c in the rear doors and they say that they will not work in the front so I did some looking on the net at alpine and the dimenstions given for the speaker is,top mounting depth is 2-1/2 and the ones they say work in the front are,2-1/4 top mounting depth.So I went out and took the door panels off the front and rear doors and took the rear speaker out and put it right in the front door speaker opening without any problem and even put the door panel back on without hitting the panel.So my ? is if the rear speaker fits why are they telling me that spr-17c will not work in the front. When I took the speakers out of the doors I measured the depth from the bracket to the first obstuction and they both have 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 mounting depth.So can anybody tell me why they say the spr-17c will not work in the front doors.I plan on getting at least one set of the spr-17c to find out for sure that they will or willnot work in the doors any help or thoughts on this would be great thanks for the help.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

brother, please use some punctuation, this is extremely hard to read in one breath.

Crutchfield isn't right about a lot of stuff they say fits/doesn't fit. just buy what you want, with the measurements you've taken.