Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Give me your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

correct me if im wrong but is that thing made of sheet metal? O_o

Old 07-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

mine almost looks like that one, but the one you described as having sounds exactly like mine, when i get a chance I will post some pics.

And i took the plunge, I got a 12" Kicker cvr 2 ohm, just something with enough boom to satisfy me and not blow the wallet...I do plan on getting a new amp though...and as well as 4 6 1/2 inch crunch 3 way door speakers for like $100 bucks.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:08 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my amp pushing 2 12's so it should handle one 12 just fine. Plus I abused the hell out of mine so it should do you good untill you get another amp.

Originally Posted by JShark
correct me if im wrong but is that thing made of sheet metal? O_o
Not 100% sure but I think it was thin metal, might have been sheet metal. The build quality wasn't the best, and when I sold it some of the adjustment ***** had came loose. But I was like the 5th owner and after it sat in a damp basement for a couple years I got it and then sold it in 07 to a guy I used to work with. It's hard to tell the abuse the other owners did to it, let alone me, but it took it good.

Only time I ever got it to shut off was it got hot one time during the summer while playing "Wanna ride with me" by Young Buck like 5 times straight just to see how long it could hold out. Just another one of those older cheap products that worked good.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Only time I ever got it to shut off was it got hot one time during the summer while playing "Wanna ride with me" by Young Buck like 5 times straight just to see how long it could hold out. Just another one of those older cheap products that worked good.
i always wanted to get on craigslist get a cheap sony amp and a cheap sub and turn the gain and bass boost all the way up just to get a good laugh! my work had 4, 20 year old floor speakers that they gave to me. 1000 rms (on speakers that didnt even have rms printed) lasted one note of "late night tip" that was the coolest thing ever.