Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Golf Bag Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Beginning Member
Doms01Blazerls is on a distinguished road
Default Golf Bag Disaster

Okay guys I don't post on here too often i'm just a looker I love all the free tips/advice everyone gives thank you to everyone! Staying on subject though I have a 2dr 2001 blazer with 2 memphis 10" subwoofers in the back and stupid me my golf bag poked a hole in one of the subwoofers putting it in! please no ridicule i know it was stupid I wasn't paying close enough attention. The hole is probably 1/2" diameter and its on the soft foam part not the actual driver. I took the subwoofer out of the enclosure and mended it back and there's no longer a hole you can actually barely tell unless you run your finger over it. Im not an basshead they came with the car when I bought it and I just enjoy listening to them and suprising people in my car!

Did a ruin the subwoofer? they sound the same when I turn up the bass but I don't think I have the ear to tell. It might buzz alittle more now but very slightly. From my observations it seems that the foam is just to keep the subwoofer suspended in the air so I think im in the clear but if it is causing more damage I would want to know. thanks in advance everyone!

-Dom

Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

A hole that small in the surround won't be an issue. How did you mend the hole? When repairing a hole in the surround you want to use a flexible adhesive. A lot of people use a little RTV or silicone on the back side so you can't see it very easily. When I was a kid we used nail polish believe it or not... it worked anyway.

You should be just fine though.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member
Doms01Blazerls is on a distinguished road

i used ACE hardware brand vinyl mender and a small 3/4" to an inch long piece of electrical tape. what im going to do since theyre the same subwoofer is unplug the bad one. and listen to the other subwoofer since they are the twins, then unplug the good one and plug in the bad on and see if it sounds the same. maybe bring a few extra ears for reference. thank you though alton good to know that it was not a fatal blow.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

iv done this b4. a little silicone works fine and wont make any difference.