Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 AM
chinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headlights

Alright, so i got some G35 HIDs that i was trying to put in my car but when i hooked them up they just blinked like a strobe light, well i was at it for 3 hours and i gave up and i was going to put everything back up then when im done putting everything back to were it was, my headlights dont work.... everytime i turn on my lights the high beam icon in the dash is there and when i try and turn to low beams nothing happens, it stays in high beam, neither my highbeams or lowbeams work, only my parkign lights and turn signals. I have checked fuses and nothings wrong, what can be wron here?

EDIT :

Let me rephrase myself, when i was installing the driver side HID i dicided to install both of them at the same time and then it didnt work, then i got told u need a relay and its own power source from the battery and its own ground, well that isnt that deal, last night when i gave up after 3 hours, well actually before i gave up i tested my lights again with the stock bulbs and harness and it worked then when i gave up i put everything back together and nothing turned on, no highbeams or lowbeams and the highbeam icon shows in the dash but when i try to switch to lowbeam nothing happens. What gives?

Also my friend told me that when i tested my stock bulbs they werent as bright as they were, then when i took of the 2nd bulb from the 2nd headlight none of my beams worked, im very very frustrated, some one help please!

Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 PM
blue_green_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Headlights

I know this is going to sound stupid but bare with me, are you sure you have them connected correctly to the lowbeam's power wire instead of the turn signal. i'm not sure if this happened to you but on my friend's blazer when he was installing HID's he mistakenly hooked up his to the turn signal's wiring and had somewhat of the same effect. Not trying to insult your installation just thought that might be your problem. If not then I don't know too much more on the matter.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:12 PM
chinny is an unknown quantity at this point

I had blown 2 fuses, got it all sqaured out, i had to use a separate power straight from the batter to a relay then to the HID.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:49 AM
blue_green_rider is an unknown quantity at this point

now that you say that it makes sense, if you could get some pics up here of it i'd love to see G35s would look like in there, or a beam pattern shot.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: chinny

Alright, so i got some G35 HIDs that i was trying to put in my car but when i hooked them up they just blinked like a strobe light, well i was at it for 3 hours and i gave up and i was going to put everything back up then when im done putting everything back to were it was, my headlights dont work.... everytime i turn on my lights the high beam icon in the dash is there and when i try and turn to low beams nothing happens, it stays in high beam, neither my highbeams or lowbeams work, only my parkign lights and turn signals. I have checked fuses and nothings wrong, what can be wron here?

EDIT :

Let me rephrase myself, when i was installing the driver side HID i dicided to install both of them at the same time and then it didnt work, then i got told u need a relay and its own power source from the battery and its own ground, well that isnt that deal, last night when i gave up after 3 hours, well actually before i gave up i tested my lights again with the stock bulbs and harness and it worked then when i gave up i put everything back together and nothing turned on, no highbeams or lowbeams and the highbeam icon shows in the dash but when i try to switch to lowbeam nothing happens. What gives?

Also my friend told me that when i tested my stock bulbs they werent as bright as they were, then when i took of the 2nd bulb from the 2nd headlight none of my beams worked, im very very frustrated, some one help please!
yo, is this chinny from CA.com?