Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hello Everyone! First Blazer Modification.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 PM
seddyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Everyone! First Blazer Modification.

I just got a 2004 Blazer, it's a 4-door 4x4. I'm putting my subwoofer and amplifier in the back.

I was going to put my cd player in it, but I decided that I like the OEM look a lot better. Also, I evidently need a $120 GM chime interface (Do I actually? It's the RDS CD player) or my car will blow up and the airbags will deploy except if I crash, and the service engine light will come on, unless it actually needs to come on. All of this came from the professional hillbilly at the local car audio store. I ended up with a Peripheral Line output thing.

TL;DR Is there any space in the dash to hide the little 1"x2"x3" converter box? Will this converter box take sound away from the speakers I'm splicing into? Where are the easiest places to run the RCA and power wires?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, if your staying with the OEM stereo then i dont see why you need the chime module. the module is for aftermarket CD players and i think it only effects security and chime stuff. the box will fit back there and the speakers wont loose power. as far as the wiring - thats up to you to figure out. i suggest pulling the carpet up, running all the wire, then putting it all back but to each there own. do a install search in the forum for a nice set of install pics that may help. i dont have that generation blazer so i really dont know.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
seddyblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by boomtruck97
ok, if your staying with the OEM stereo then i dont see why you need the chime module. the module is for aftermarket CD players and i think it only effects security and chime stuff. the box will fit back there and the speakers wont loose power. as far as the wiring - thats up to you to figure out. i suggest pulling the carpet up, running all the wire, then putting it all back but to each there own. do a install search in the forum for a nice set of install pics that may help. i dont have that generation blazer so i really dont know.
Thanks man. I was asking if I put my aftermarket deck in, would I really need the interface, or would not having it only affect the chimes? I know that I don't need it in order to install the subs with the factory radio.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:19 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry i misunderstood a bit. I have installed a lot of stereos in later blazers along with other late model chevys and all the ones without the unit, no real major issues occured other than the stock security and the chime going away. I think the warranty says "NO" but what you were talking about i have never heard of before. besides - as long as you ONLY hook up the required wires and dont go hooking up the extras to were it "might" go... be smart and you should be fine. Best of luck - ps: if you really want to know an exact awnser just talk to a chevy certified tech.