Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help!!! 98 blazer ls stereo swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 PM
Reno Young is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!! 98 blazer ls stereo swap

Ok so I have recently pulled out the old Delco stereo that was stock with my blazer, I'm an idiot so I just cut the wires instead of buying the adapter lol found the wire color codes online got everything booked up and seems to work except my rear speakers. I tripple checked and they are hooked up, but I notice there is only wires listed for 4 speakers... I have six. The front 4 seem to work fine but no sound outta the rear.. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Old 11-19-2018, 10:17 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Reno Young
Ok so I have recently pulled out the old Delco stereo that was stock with my blazer, I'm an idiot so I just cut the wires instead of buying the adapter lol found the wire color codes online got everything booked up and seems to work except my rear speakers. I tripple checked and they are hooked up, but I notice there is only wires listed for 4 speakers... I have six. The front 4 seem to work fine but no sound outta the rear.. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
Most likely you have connected the rear channel to the door speakers and the front channel to the dash. Front channel is for doors and dash. What happens when you fade front to rear on the head unit? If it phases from dash to doors then that's the case.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Reno Young is on a distinguished road
Default Ugh...

So I did some further testing and everything according to the color sheet is correct. Everything except the speakers in the back are working fine. I've hooked them up tried the 9v test and nothing, no sound at all. Could they be blown and totally silent? I've never experienced this. Also I have a dimmer wire buy according to this crappy deck there's no place to connect it.... Any ideas?

Old 11-23-2018, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Not sure about the dimmer. But if the rear speakers are gone then there is a chance they wont make a sound. I've had that happen. Lost both rear and the drivers door go silent. Swapped with Bose speakers all the way and they work great. 20$ on amazon