Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help designing ported box.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Help designing ported box.

Well, the time has come... I need help designing a rectangular ported box for my subs. It cant be very large because I still need a little bit of cargo space.... it can go from side to side in the cargo arear but not front to back.... I can only sacrifice 1/2 of the cargo area. I have two 10" Kicker CVR's 2ohm wired to 4 ohm on about 250watts rms each...... I am good with sealed enclosures and can build about anything. I just need help designing the ported box, so I guees I really should say Xblazer.. its your time to shine...lol

Old 12-20-2006, 03:02 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Help designing ported box.

Alrighty. I'm thinking of a CRX style box in here.

Ur max width is: either 34" or 36"
The window line is 15" for hieght.

As for ur depth thats all preference.

CRX style is Subs firing up port firing at rear. When building this be sure to 45 ur corners in the box. you want NO 90 degree angles in there. Tuning it is personal preference. I personally like 32-34hz gives a good hit and hits the lows good.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

shoot aaron, go crazy. make it to the top of your back seats
yeah, a width of 35" would make it fit snug in between your wheel tubs and i believe if i'm correct it's 40" from your backseats to the tailgate so about anywhere from 35-38" would do good on the length. what was really funny i took a tape measure the other night outside with a pair of shorts on and a flashlight and it like 20 degrees and measured it.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:39 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

im thinkin like 35 wide and only 20 deep... cant go the full 40.. then there is no room for my bow case or rifles.....lol i could go as tall as the back seats..... i just need a specific design here.... like how to make the port.... and can you make a ported fiberglass box?? I like experimenting with fiberglass...lol

Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 AM

yeah i think you can, but don't ask me how to do it, lol. i'm not the worlds best with fiberglass. and yeah you're right about not having to go the full 40" because i don't think it'd take taht much with 10's. i'm having the same problems with a solo x 18". i've got the length and width down, just cant figure out the right port. you can always call kicker and they'll hook you up with some info.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:53 AM

im kinda tired, and sketched this on paint....so this may not make much sense when I look it over in the mornin, or make much sense to you guys now...lolbut maybe a design like this.... with the subs angled at the side windows and the port facing the hatch????

Old 12-20-2006, 04:02 AM

i don't see why that wouldn't work. of course we have to wait to see what jon says.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

You could build a box like that, but why would you want to? If your plan is to save as much cargo space then a box like that isn't going to be the best for you. That's just my opinion. Unless you want to make it a show box a simple slot ported box will do ya fine. You could also use aero ports.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

call kicker..tell them what subs you have how much room you have and you want it tuned around 35ish hz, they will give you all the dimensions for the best box for them, this is what i did to get the idea of my box, your's of course won't be as big but you know what i mean.

Here's a sketch of mine to give you an idea...

Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 PM

bah, i wish i would have asked them all the dimensions. they just gave me the hz to tune it to and the port lenth.

Quick Reply: Help designing ported box.