Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help Installing Aftermarket Head Unit!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 04:39 PM
old_pioneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Installing Aftermarket Head Unit!!

Ok i just got my 99, 4x4 s-10 Blazer, on all my other past cars i just cut the wires and I hook my CD player up, well i did it on my blazer and i had a mess like no other, So after i figured out what wires went where cuz 2 sets was same color, Anyways i heard you need a cd player that will go with ur factory amps? After got my factory plug wired back i went and baught an adapter, hooped up my cheap ($89) Wal-Mart CR player i had power to the head unit but no noise was coming out of the speakers. My dad told me he read only some CD players will work, Is this true? I have a 3000 watt amp and need to get audio cables to it, is there any way to do this with factory CD player?? ......................Ok i have been reading, and it says you can hook up an amp to your factory head unit, How do i do this? i got a 3000 watt amp and a 12 inJLAudio sub, I had a 2500 watt orion 15 in my last car and it got blown and this sub was givn to me. no money for head unit, just baught 18 zinik rims....... and the 1 sub will b better than factory!

THX, Josh

Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help Installing Aftermarket Head Unit!!

Hooking an amp to a factory unit requires a good Line Output Converter. But why are you cutting wires to install a deck? All you need to do is get a harness to hook onto the factory one and match the wires.

I don't believe you have a factory amp unless you have a BOSE system stock. Pretty much any CD player will work in your truck. Don't know where your dad got that from.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:59 PM

well after i cut the wires then got them back to normal with the factory plug i went and baught an adapter, hooked up the cd player and no noise so i dunno what my problem was so i took cd player back and now i baught rims, so no money for another.... where can i get it and how much does it cost? And say i do get this Line Output Converter where do i plus my remote power for my anp to on cd player?

Old 09-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

You can wire the remote wire to a constant source and install an inline switch or you can wire the remote wire to any powered source that comes on and off when the truck comes on and off.

Look online for a line output converter and i'm sure someone on the board could offer some good suggestions on where to look. I've never had the need for one so I couldn't tell you anything. I know that you will need a good one to make sure the sub will sound its best. I don't think i've ever heard a subwoofer soundreally good when hooked up to a factory deck versus an aftermarket one.

However, many will probably say an aftermarket deck is the better way to go and I agree. Especially if you have a sub since an aftermarket deck will give you greater sound control than the factory one.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

remote wire you can get at your fuse block. for a line output convertor, look into the one from pac-audio.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:43 PM

cool cool, thanks for all the help! me and my old hillbilly ways i just cut off a female rca and unhooked one of my back speakers, it sounds alot better than i thought it would. I only ran into 1 problem when i turn my cd player on while hooked up to my female end to my amp i get no noise...... but if i un-hook it i get sound i hook it up and then sub works! lol thats what u got to do when ur broke but yeah ill deff need to buy one of them things....

Thanks Again Josh