Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

HELP!!! Replaced Factory CD player...Now REAR Speakers DEAD??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Starting Member
00BlazerGuy is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!!! Replaced Factory CD player...Now REAR Speakers DEAD??

I'm installing this on a 2000 Blazer, no Bose. I replaced the factory CD player with an aftermarket Sony CD player, and have the Sony to GM wiring adapter (goes into the back of the new CD deck directly into the GM wiring harness...worked fine on a 99' Blazer. Bought with the CD player). I took this out of a working 99' Blazer with same factory unit and everything worked fine then.

The only difference is that the 2000 Blazer also has a Tape Cassette in the front of the center console under the dash. The rear of the factory CD player had both of the rear pin jacks occupied, this was not the case on the 99' Blazer. Does this secondary jack (the fewer pin one) have something to do with the Cassette player? Also, would not having this installed in the new CD player cause the rear speakers not to work? I need help!!! I have to have this working asap.

I also know it's not the new CD player because I plugged the factory CD player back in, and they still didn't work, but I couldn't get the secondary adapter to plug back in without tearing it all apart.

HELP!!!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
bigcountry58 is on a distinguished road

It would appear to me you need a second harness, I know on my 2003 I bought from crutchfield came with the wrong harness, however I did not do the install. There may be a different adapter that includes both harness connections into the one slot.

I am guessing the 99 only had 4 speakers where your 00 has 6.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

easiest way to check is:

jump front speaker wire to rear wire and see if they work

Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Starting Member
00BlazerGuy is on a distinguished road

I just reinstalled it exactly how it was before I touched it, and they still don't work...so I did something, or something happened.

Are the rear speakers powered speakers? I don't see "Bose" anywhere so I don't believe this is a Bose system. I called the local shop and they said it would have powered speakers, but I'm thinking that's only the case if it's the Bose system. Is that true?

Does the speaker wire from the rear of the CD play right directly the speakers? Or is there a relay of some kind?

If they are powered in a non-Bose setup, is there a fuse somewhere I could've blown?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:20 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

rear speakers are known for blowing out... probably toasted by the new deck, mine were blown when I got it... still have yet to replace them