Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
fnirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Factory CD Player

I have a 99 2wd Blazer with the factory (non-Bose) CD player. It works fine but the lights behind the controls don't work. Basically, you can't see how to change stations, etc. at night. Does this thing have an internal fuse that could have blown or should I just pack a flashlight? All the other dash lights work fine.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Factory CD Player

the lights might have just burnt out over time.

I know the steering wheel controls in my truck have burnt out [&:]

Old 09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, just blown out led bulbs. Many other GM vehicles have this problem. Unless you are comfortable tearing into your radio, only fix is to replace it. There are online stores that sell replacement bulbs for the delco radios, but it does require significant disassembly of your radio.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 PM

That's kinda what I figured. I think I'll just live with it until the CD part stops working. Maybe my wife will think the flashlight is sexy!

Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran

Flashlights like rugged bro. She'll be all like... OOOOOO my guys such an explorer

Old 09-15-2006, 12:55 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

or she will think your a poor loser with no money to get it fixed and head somewere else. im just playing - she aint going anywere. and there is a difference between not wanting to spend money to fix something thats really not broken and being broke like me all the time. everytime i have extra cash - i buy new speakers or a new box is built. Jon, you know what i mean right?

Old 09-15-2006, 01:04 PM

It's really a toss-up. If she were gone I might have the money to get it fixed. I'll have to think about that one for a while.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: fnirish

It's really a toss-up. If she were gone I might have the money to get it fixed. I'll have to think about that one for a while.
LMAO!!!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

ROFL - thats great. i'll take it you've been married for a while then. but anyhow - tat was to be more of a burn towards Jon - even though it was a sucky one at that. He's not picked on enough and i dont want him to feel excluded.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran

i dont get it............