Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hey guys, i need a lil audio clarification can y'all help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: :)

ORIGINAL: ChevyRules

yeah i would definitely get an after market head unit. the wattage rating a stock head unit puts out is crap. you can have amazing door speakers but with a stock head unit it will still sound like crap. the more powerful the head unit, the louder you can turn up and still have clear sound. if you turn that stock head unit up, it will get distorted easily-not because the speakers cant handle it, the stock head unit doesnt have the power. if you want to hear your music clearly with the windows down on the highway, new head unit is the answer.

also it will be way easier in my opinion to install an amp to power your woofers with an after market head unit. just gotta run some RCAs out the back instead of getting the line out converter. and like it has been said before, you can get smooth looking install kits for like 20 bucks.

good luck man.
the stock headunit sounds find if you have a decent quality LOC and amp the door speakers. Door speakers sound like crap off an aftermarket headunit too. The only way you get decent sound if amping them.