Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hiding a Double Din Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrcastro
You can buy the dummy faceplate on Ebay.
AS01 Detachable Dummy Security Faceplate for Universal Double DIN Car DVD Player | eBay
I might just buy this one, take my stock radio apart, and see which one fits better. I'll just buy an LED light to make it appear I have an alarm
if you reread what i wrote, i said i have never heard of buying one. sooooo sorry i'm wrong.

stock tint is about 20% (mine says 17%, i don't know yours). do get my front two done, it was $50. price usually doesn't change on percentages. i have 20%, my brother has 35%, my cousin has 5%. all cost the same.

i agree with bob that if all you want the double din for is the usb, buy what he linked

Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

With my tint you can't see a single thing inside except for the flashing red light of the double din and the flashing blue light of the alarm system.

I thought about getting or making a fake faceplate too but decided in the end that I'd get sick of putting it on and taking it off so I never went with one.

These work great too:

Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

But those are slightley illegal to use for theft prevention.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thogert
But those are slightley illegal to use for theft prevention.
all depends where you live and how you use it

Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you could get a faceplate with a casette slot it'd be even better. If you're dropping the money on a double DIN JUST for the USB port, then buy a head unit with a detachable faceplate and iPod control... Double Din's are nice, but if you're just buying a HU for a freakin USB port wouldn't it make more sense to get something less expensive, but probably just as good? I've been running a single DIN since 08 and love it to death. The detachable faceplate has keept thieves out of 2 trucks now, and I have parked overnight in some pretty shady neighbourhoods (Surprised my truck wasn't on blocks in the morning actually, but that may be because they're only 18's)

Last edited by oktain; 09-25-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I want a DD but I have a '02 w/ a 1 1/2 din. I'm ordering all new spakers, building a custom box and would love to have the since radio to go w/ it but o well can't win them all.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 AM
mrcastro is on a distinguished road

I have narrowed my search to two stereos: one is single din, and the other is double din.
Sony CDX-GT930UI (cdxgt930ui) In-Dash CD, MP3, WMA, ACC, AM/FM

http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...WXGT77UI-.html

Old 09-30-2011, 02:13 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

do you ever plan on expanding your radio? amplify your speakers and so forth?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
mrcastro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
do you ever plan on expanding your radio? amplify your speakers and so forth?
Dont know what you mean by amplifying my speakers, but I am going to get some new speakers.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That sounds like a no.

Quick Reply: Hiding a Double Din Stereo