Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

how do i remove the factory cd player

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default how do i remove the factory cd player

How do I remove my factory cd player in my 1995 blazer? Thanks for any input.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Heh heh. Get ready for a headache. it's fairly straight forward. That is ONCE you get the dash panel off. there are two bolts up under the lip above the speedometer. Once those two come out the whole panel, from the right of the radio to the left of the dash by the door simply pops out. You'll want unplug the 4x4 switch when this is done.

Now here comes the fun part. You have to CAREFULLY flex the bugger around and to the left over the steering column. BE VERY CAREFUL. if you put too much pressure and impact the hazard switch it will break the tip that sticks out off and then you'll have a bugger getting fixed (replace) I've found that is one of the first things to go when any of these trucks arrive at the junk yard. I actually took a spare when I replaced mine.

If you want to really get into it. remove the cover pieces from the steering column and then pop the hazard switch out to save it. But you'll need long hex drivers to get the screws to the bottom piece off.

Now once off there's only 4 bolts that hold the oem radio in. And if you want to put an after market unit in, you might have to do some cutting to the back of the radio compartment. Someone started on mine but the pioneer I just installed still hits one corner I have to cut away.

Also, gm radios use a smaller sized antenna plug. You'll need to go to the auto store or walmart and pick an adapter plug to use the oem antenna with an aftermarket radio.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

My hazard switch is already broke haha but thanks for your help I had no clue how to do it untill you told