Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How to run wires from battery & head unit to amp & speaker-box (in trunk)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Beginning Member
JohnBarJB is on a distinguished road

That is a valuable piece of information Thanks.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

i have an extra battery in my car for my subs that is actually cross relayed with the other battery that gives me 12v instead of the reg 9v.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by trobbins
i have an extra battery in my car for my subs that is actually cross relayed with the other battery that gives me 12v instead of the reg 9v.
You must be running over 1200w to your subs? if not, there really is no need for a second battery. I am running 1000w and just did the big 3, and my gauge keeps at a constant 14 volts.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

well in my blazer before it burned, i had 2, 15's 2, 12's an 2, 10's an the box was like 3 steps 15 on top 12 then 10. had a buddy gettin ride of his subs dirt cheap so wired em up an ran with it, didnt sound to great at first but then installed sec battery monster 0 gauge wire an couple amps, after everything said an done ended up busting out my windows

Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

LOL damn

Old 10-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Blazin.in.da.blaze is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JohnBarJB
I have a 2002 Blazer (2 door) and am installing a system.

I am curious to know what is the best way to run the wiring from the front of the vehicle to the back of the vehicle?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.
I have a 99 2 door and I ran my power cable for the amp through the inside of the hood side panel and then kinda down and behind the panneling on the passenger side, under the door trim and under the plastic little holding compartments on the side of the rear seats. For the deck wires I ran them through behind the glove box and down underneath the same panels I did the power wires

Old 10-18-2015, 10:48 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazin.in.da.blaze
I have a 99 2 door and I ran my power cable for the amp through the inside of the hood side panel and then kinda down and behind the panneling on the passenger side, under the door trim and under the plastic little holding compartments on the side of the rear seats. For the deck wires I ran them through behind the glove box and down underneath the same panels I did the power wires
Aside from the fact this thread is three years old, that's REALLY BAD advice to give anyone.

First of all, you NEVER run the power wire through the door jamb like that. It's far too easy to damage it and run the risk of causing a fire. Second, as it was mentioned in a few other posts in this thread, running the RCAs with the power wire has the potential to cause noise/interference through the speakers that are ran off the amp the RCAs are going to. Current flow through a wire creates a magnetic field and that field can create current flow in wires around it as it grows and collapses. It just so happens to be the exact same principle in which AC transformers work.

I, and I'm sure others, appreciate your enthusiasm to post this trying to be helpful. Please understand that my reply is made in the same regard to being helpful. Please follow the advice of the previous posts and my information and move your power wire and RCAs. We really don't want to hear that your vehicle was lost in a fire or worse that you were injured or killed along with it.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Starting Member
luvdady77 is on a distinguished road

yeah hes not talking about the sheet metal door panels ON THE 2 DOOR BLAZZER /JIMMY'S THERES LITTLE STORAGE CUBBYHOLES.
plastic doors that are part of the base pannel where the top meets. i agree never ever run it through a door jamb but this is in the interior of the truck no real risk of chaffing just a pita to probably fish the wire through