Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How's the bass with a blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
iLikeBassLol is on a distinguished road
Default How's the bass with a blazer?

Im going to be putting two 15 inch kicker l7s, and a kicker 2500watt amp in a blazer, what kinda bass does it give with this car? Deep low bass you can hear down the block with the windows down, or just that crappy rattle bass you hear with cars and a sub?

Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iLikeBassLol
Im going to be putting two 15 inch kicker l7s, and a kicker 2500watt amp in a blazer, what kinda bass does it give with this car? Deep low bass you can hear down the block with the windows down, or just that crappy rattle bass you hear with cars and a sub?
It looks your going to put it alot of bass in your truck, its a deep bass if you know how to adjust it it wont rattle due to its inside the cabin i have an Epicenter hooked up to a 1000W monoblock amp running 3 10" JL audios in ported box and it sounds loud, personally im not a big loud bass lover but when i put the volume up to 15 and set the Epi to 1/4 of the way it lets people hear me coming 3 blocks down the way and thats not with the volume at max. good luck man.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Blazer51
It looks your going to put it alot of bass in your truck, its a deep bass if you know how to adjust it it wont rattle due to its inside the cabin i have an Epicenter hooked up to a 1000W monoblock amp running 3 10" JL audios in ported box and it sounds loud, personally im not a big loud bass lover but when i put the volume up to 15 and set the Epi to 1/4 of the way it lets people hear me coming 3 blocks down the way and thats not with the volume at max. good luck man.
Thanks man, I'm getting the car in january I'll be sure to post pictures.. I cant wait.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

depends on what gen blazer you are getting.
The older 1st gens rattle just a bit. I have a 91 with 500 watts and one 12 inch in a ported box, the back glass rattles just a bit however its a nice deep low bump.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Beginning Member
p_m_clean is on a distinguished road

I dont know if this link will work but this is what i got. I cut out a bunch of the plastic in the back and this fits over the wheel well sounds pretty good i need to re build the box with 3/4 instead of 1/2" then maybe be a JL

Old 12-23-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by radiokid
depends on what gen blazer you are getting.
The older 1st gens rattle just a bit. I have a 91 with 500 watts and one 12 inch in a ported box, the back glass rattles just a bit however its a nice deep low bump.
It's either a 99 or 00, and i'm not really worried about rattles, i just wanna know if it's that kinda bass you can hear outside of the car when the windows are down.. because i have 1 15" l5 in my toyota corolla, and it sounds like **** outside the car even with the windows down.. it's not loud at all outside the car, and all you can hear is the trunk going crazy with the rattles, and im just wantin to know since this is a bigger car, will it give you that deep low boomy bass outside the car with the windows down?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iLikeBassLol
It's either a 99 or 00, and i'm not really worried about rattles, i just wanna know if it's that kinda bass you can hear outside of the car when the windows are down.. because i have 1 15" l5 in my toyota corolla, and it sounds like **** outside the car even with the windows down.. it's not loud at all outside the car, and all you can hear is the trunk going crazy with the rattles, and im just wantin to know since this is a bigger car, will it give you that deep low boomy bass outside the car with the windows down?
Well thats because its seperated by the trunk and the back seats, but dont worry i have a 96 blazer, like i said you can hear me coming 3 blocks down without the windows down, and when i roll them down you hear the voice perfectly because i have tweeters installed too. Its inside the compartment just put it this way the whole blazer works as if it was the enclosure itself. you wont be disappointed, Good luck and happy holidays.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Defiant is on a distinguished road

Ive got two memphis 10's in a MTX sealed box. I've got my system tuned conservatively but the bass inside the truck is excellent. I too had the system in a car and it was ****, having the subs in an open space such as the cargo area of the blazer makes a night and day difference. Before I bought mine I had always heard from other buds who were into audio that Blazer's have excellent airspace for subs. Put your system in the truck as soon as you get it, you'll be glad you did.