Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

8" Mid bass on front doors? '01 S-10 Blazer 4 DR

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member
SubbinBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default 8" Mid bass on front doors? '01 S-10 Blazer 4 DR

Hi all, I recently ordered some 8" mid bass's and plan to put them on the front doors. Have any of ya' done this? I currently have some Hybrid Audio 6 1/2 Clarus in there, but want some more kick. My current mid drivers have a mounting depth of 3" and I was able to fit them using a .5" baffle, so, I think i'll get away with a 1" baffle for these mid bass. Problem is that I'll need 7.5" (190MM) to drop these 8"s in and have no idea if they'll fit and was wondering if any of ya' have done something like this on this type of Blazer. If so, what are your expiriences? Tips would be great. Wont be pulling anything out 'til the drivers get here. Thanks

Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

do you plan on doing custom pods??

Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

This is what I'm hoping to do this summer on my Blazer. I have Pioneer shallow mount 8" mid-bass/subs that I'll be building an aperiodic chamber for. I'm pretty sure that I can get them behind the door panels without having to do any major modifications to the doors.

If you have a normal depth mid-bass driver you might run into problems with the speaker (or enclosure if your using an enclosure) hitting the window track, preventing you from putting the sub behind the door panel. If you don't mind modifying the door panel then you can use a deeper spacer to get the necessary depth. If you're careful you can also space the window track farther back by about 1/4"-1/2" with washers and it won't affect the window going up and down. Just be really careful and test to make sure it isn't putting torque on the window when its down.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
do you plan on doing custom pods??
Plan is to place the 8"s on the doors without any glassing on the doors. If I can pull this through without major work (I'm aware that there will be some grinding sinceI'll need a mounting hole of 7.5"), hopefully it comes through good. I'm in no rush though, so still have to buy a few more things.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
This is what I'm hoping to do this summer on my Blazer. I have Pioneer shallow mount 8" mid-bass/subs that I'll be building an aperiodic chamber for. I'm pretty sure that I can get them behind the door panels without having to do any major modifications to the doors.

If you have a normal depth mid-bass driver you might run into problems with the speaker (or enclosure if your using an enclosure) hitting the window track, preventing you from putting the sub behind the door panel. If you don't mind modifying the door panel then you can use a deeper spacer to get the necessary depth. If you're careful you can also space the window track farther back by about 1/4"-1/2" with washers and it won't affect the window going up and down. Just be really careful and test to make sure it isn't putting torque on the window when its down.

They'll be going on the door infinite baffle. I don't want to move the rail back unless I really have to, but hopefully it'll clear with a 1" baffle. I've always wanted 8" mid bass, so we'll see if I can pull this off. Yours shouldn't be too bad if they're shallow drivers.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Beginning Member

Double post

Last edited by SubbinBlazer; 05-18-2012 at 02:33 AM.