Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

kicker 12" solo x

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:52 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: kicker 12" solo x

Kicker voice coils burn easy, thats all i will say.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

rockfords ftw i got 2 12" rockford p3's hit hard as f on low settings and sound amazing

Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: The A Team

Kicker voice coils burn easy, thats all i will say.
I subbed my SoloX 18 with 5000 watts rms for almost a year. Didn't do a damn thing.

The solox is great for spl builds, if u want sq go with cvr's or something else.

I used to be a HUGE kicker fan but in my new truck im going with 4 8's from RE.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:45 AM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd bail on Kicker entirely. I know there are a LOT of people who are huge fans, and while I don't see why, I can understand that people are going to continue using what they're familiar with, brand loyalty and all. If you have the money to buy a Solo-X, consider an RE Audio XXX or even having Fi car audio custom build a sub for you.

The best choice would be to go with an Image Dynamics USA IDMax or a Diamond Audio Hex Pro for a musical sub. If you just want insane loud but still can be used for music, Massive Audio makes a Quad Voice Coil Massive DMX. I love them. Amps, try out the new Masive Audio digital series, either the 2500 or 5000w. CLEEEEEEEEAN amps, almost no distortion, and 80db signal to noise ratio.

Good luck! Car audio has almost no limits. We put a pair of Image Dynamics IDMax 12" subs on a Massive Audio P3000.1 amp. The subs hit amazingly clean, and could be heard a little under half a mile away that we knew of. When you opened the doors they flexed and bent. Also, Image Dynamics has a GREAT forum on their website (www.imagedynamicsusa.com) where their in-house techs can answer any questions or help you with anything from installation walkthroughs to advice on how to build the perfect box to get the best sound.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:45 PM
thoffman79 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i dont know if you have heard of FI AUDIO but you should check it out. i am more than happy with my sub i got a fi 18 q. if you want low bass then go for 18s or 15s. if you want more mid-low go with 12s. i have no idea why you guys are talking about musical subs... subs are ment for bass, if you want musical get some 6x9s and new door speakers. as for kicker.....i would go all out if your getting solo Xs go big or go home. deff get the 18.

heres the website for FI

www.ficaraudio.com

check it out

Old 12-25-2008, 09:11 PM
TehFattie is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a huge difference between the bass in your music, and bass as in just burping and not playing music. That's the difference between "musical" subs and TRUE "SPL" subs.

SQ or SQL subs are musical, simple as that.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
blazerbumpin is an unknown quantity at this point

its a great sub but its way expensive go with someting more like fi www.ficaraudio.com or dc sound lab, or re